all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I Achieved S & S Simple, Here is my Story!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Diana Beals

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Simple is daunting for a 120lb “small framed” female whose test weight is 12 kg but I am very goal oriented.

I started right around Christmas training heavy one handed swings on the minute at least three times per week and did hundreds of get ups per week to help build lean muscle. Literally 100s of get ups per week.
Here is how I progressed by weeks:
-At 2 weeks I dropped 5 lbs, love handles were gone and my waist leaned out.
-At 3 weeks my chest leaned out and I started noticing tailored shirts and jackets were uncomfortable across the top/front of my shoulders
-At 4 weeks, multiple coats wouldn’t go up over my shoulders and the backs of my shoulders just felt “big” ...like I suddenly noticed my rhomboids. I also put back on 3
pounds...all muscle weight. I was also starting to add 24 kg sets into my 100 swings. Simple was now feeling attainable.
-On February 1st, about 5 weeks after beginning to train for Simple, I just decided to go for it.
And I nailed it: 100 24kg one handed swings in under 5 minutes and 10 16kg Turkish get ups in under 10 minutes (those only took me 5 1/2).

Hard work, focus and tenacity served me well.
Thanks to Pavel for the challenge and the Strong First Community for the skills to build a strong body.
On to the next goal.... which by the way, is a hybrid of S & S: 100 24 kg one handed swings and 10 24kg Turkish get ups. trying to go up in swing weight was causing me some problems.

Simple is daunting for a 120lb “small framed” female whose test weight is 12 kg but I am very goal oriented.

I started right around Christmas training heavy one handed swings on the minute at least three times per week and did hundreds of get ups per week to help build lean muscle. Literally 100s of get ups per week.
Here is how I progressed by weeks:
-At 2 weeks I dropped 5 lbs, love handles were gone and my waist leaned out.
-At 3 weeks my chest leaned out and I started noticing tailored shirts and jackets were uncomfortable across the top/front of my shoulders
-At 4 weeks, multiple coats wouldn’t go up over my shoulders and the backs of my shoulders just felt “big” ...like I suddenly noticed my rhomboids. I also put back on 3
pounds...all muscle weight. I was also starting to add 24 kg sets into my 100 swings. Simple was now feeling attainable.
-On February 1st, about 5 weeks after beginning to train for Simple, I just decided to go for it.
And I nailed it: 100 24kg one handed swings in under 5 minutes and 10 16kg Turkish get ups in under 10 minutes (those only took me 5 1/2).

Hard work, focus and tenacity served me well.
Thanks to Pavel for the challenge and the Strong First Community for the skills to build a strong body.
On to the next goal.... which by the way, is a hybrid of S & S: 100 24 kg one handed swings and 10 24kg Turkish get ups. trying to go up in swing weight was causing me some problems.
Great job, congrats! What made you follow a different training approach than the one outlined in the book?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom