all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "I Achieved S & S Simple! Here's My Story"

5'2 guy at 61 kg, Simple & Sinister was my intro to StrongFirst.

I started swinging with Dan John's 10'000 Swing Workout with a 45lb. kettlebell I got from Craigslist. I was later introduced to S&S by @Mark Limbaga and started with a 45lb. for Swings and 25lbs. for TGU. After some time using modifications with sandbags, duct tape, and such, I eventually bought a 16kg, 53kg, and 32kg. Just kept plugging along, 3-5 days per week, long rest periods, no hyping-up, no beast-moding, adding a set of 32kg every week or so. I hit the Simple Standard as scheduled in about 4 months, and I've been a student of strength ever since. (I previously wrote about the entire thing on a blog post.)

Loved the blog post, @Machete ! Congratulations on Simple, SFG I, and SFG II. You are obviously a good student of strength and have learned a lot along the way.

Good job @Machete and welcome to the forum!:)
Your blog post is a great read. Thanks.

And congratulations on reaching Simple!
Congrats @Machete ! Nice blog post with an interesting story.
Loved the blog post, @Machete ! Congratulations on Simple, SFG I, and SFG II. You are obviously a good student of strength and have learned a lot along the way.
@Machete : Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on reaching Simple :)

Thanks, everyone (and thanks for reading). Glad to be here. Looking to see how Simple to Sinister pans out for me. The 40kg is now on my sights.

I have achieved Simple.

Been doing the program since 1st November 2016, and achieved the time today in 15.23.

Took me 90 sessions in my courage corner!

A wonderful program. I feel such pride in my achievement. If you are on your own journey, stick with it. You'll get there.

Now for the next goal...

Hooray!

5'2 guy at 61 kg, Simple & Sinister was my intro to StrongFirst.

I started swinging with Dan John's 10'000 Swing Workout with a 45lb. kettlebell I got from Craigslist. I was later introduced to S&S by @Mark Limbaga and started with a 45lb. for Swings and 25lbs. for TGU. After some time using modifications with sandbags, duct tape, and such, I eventually bought a 16kg, 53kg, and 32kg. Just kept plugging along, 3-5 days per week, long rest periods, no hyping-up, no beast-moding, adding a set of 32kg every week or so. I hit the Simple Standard as scheduled in about 4 months, and I've been a student of strength ever since. (I previously wrote about the entire thing on a blog post.)

Congrats @Machete. I'm working on the Simple goal now also. It's encouraging to hear your success story.

I achieved the simple goal just recently. I started a little less than a year ago with the 16kg for the get ups and 24kg for the swings. I did get all the sizes up to 32kg early on so I did get a feel for how heavy the 32kg is and last summer I couldnt really see myself ever doing the get ups with the 32 but here I am almost a year later and made the simple goal.
I did start doing swings with the 32 already in october but had to back of because of some wrist pain. I basically was still practicing with the 16 and the 24 in december and did not start doing the get ups with the 32 until about three week ago. Now the swings with the 32 feels really comfortable and dont really elevate my heart rate significantly.
The get ups with the 32 still feels challenging but I am in control and this week achieved the simple goal. I think I might have waited a bit too long to begin with the 32 but then when I did I progressed fast.
My running has improved significantly from the program wich was unexpected. I do run occassionally but not as much as before but I actually run faster and better now than I did back when I was running more!
Now I want to go for the sinister goal so I will start swinging with the 40kg as soon as it arrives. I do however also would like to improve my press with the long term goal of pressing half my body weight.
Any suggestions for how to work my press at the same time as I am working towards the sinister goal?

I achieved the simple goal just recently. I started a little less than a year ago with the 16kg for the get ups and 24kg for the swings. I did get all the sizes up to 32kg early on so I did get a feel for how heavy the 32kg is and last summer I couldnt really see myself ever doing the get ups with the 32 but here I am almost a year later and made the simple goal.
I did start doing swings with the 32 already in october but had to back of because of some wrist pain. I basically was still practicing with the 16 and the 24 in december and did not start doing the get ups with the 32 until about three week ago. Now the swings with the 32 feels really comfortable and dont really elevate my heart rate significantly.
The get ups with the 32 still feels challenging but I am in control and this week achieved the simple goal. I think I might have waited a bit too long to begin with the 32 but then when I did I progressed fast.
My running has improved significantly from the program wich was unexpected. I do run occassionally but not as much as before but I actually run faster and better now than I did back when I was running more!
Now I want to go for the sinister goal so I will start swinging with the 40kg as soon as it arrives. I do however also would like to improve my press with the long term goal of pressing half my body weight.
Any suggestions for how to work my press at the same time as I am working towards the sinister goal?

@Fredrik1980 welcome to the Forum. This is a great place to learn. Congrats on achieving Simple!!

Back
Top Bottom