all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "I Achieved S & S Simple! Here's My Story"

Did the program minimum a few years ago and never really followed S + S. Did the 32 test a couple of years ago, passed.

Been doing the Rite of Passage with a 32 for the past month can get all the reps, need to invest in the 36 because I can't press the 40 kg.

Today was a variety day. I did some backup presses with a slow eccentric w/ the 40 and decided to do one arm swings. Set my timer and went for 100 one hand swings. Never done this with the 40 before. Finished in 2:47. My hamstrings were jelly and my heartbeat was 185. Good stuff. Then finished with 10 getups in 7:30 with the 40. I might want to become Sinister sometime in the future after all.
Thats awesome @BrianCF Nice work!

It makes me wonder if we all naturally progress eventually to the 40kg and then to the 48kg bell, or if some of us hit a wall somewhere before Sinister is achieved. I know regarding the other (ROP) programme, the very thought of me pressing half my bodyweight is inconceivable at the moment. I can't even press 8kg less than it!

If anyone cares, I did the whole S&S routine for the first time with the 40kg bell and it wasn't particularly difficult. The whole thing took about 30 minutes. I can easily see that the 48kg goal is very much within reach. This is coming from a guy who thought the 24kg was ridiculously heavy only 10 months ago, a guy who was working out with the 16kg bell! I can't even believe I was that weak back then! Bothering people on these forums the past two months has definitely enabled me to speed up my progress.

I achieved Simple tonight.

I almost had tears in my eyes. I opened a thread about it beacuse I was just too happy.

My story is this: I was a sloucher, I now stand up tall and feel stronger than a bear. Health wise, my life has improved so much I find it hard to believe everyday I get out of bed.

This thing works. It is almost magic. Do yourself a favore and embark!

Gonna go write a review on Amazon tomorrow morning!

Hello,

Tonight, even if this morning was a strength day, I felt good and above all, felt strong...then I told myself "why don't you try to finally achieve Simple ?" I had already achieved with my 28

No sooner said than done, I tackled the session.

I use the OA 28kg bell for more than a year. I also made the 10k swings with it. So the swings @32 were doable without (too many) pain.

GU 1, 2 and 3 were difficult, above all for my left shoulder but still they passed.
I was olbiged to take a long break (6-7 minutes) to do the fourth one. Triceps were a bit shaking. Thus I massaged them a little to do the last ones... I finally get them.

I was pretty happy because I had not done a complete S&S workout for a while. Most of the time I use swings and GU separately and with lighter weights.

Now, I am glad to be part of those who achieve at least Simple. Next goal, Sinister ! I know there is plenty of work to be done.

Thank you all for the goods information on the forum !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Wuhu - finally nailed the Simple workout this Monday!

The 'sticking point' for me was swings and progress has been painfully slow. (Get-ups are easier for me, and I'm working with the 48 there, so 32 is 'de-load' for me). Then I changed gym a few weeks back from a big Chain-type gym to a small privately owned facility, filled with good, serious and friendly people... and the KB-sports type bells. This somehow shifted... something, and in two weeks I went from doing my 100 reps with half 24 and half 32, to completing the simple and doing 32's with plenty of power and drive (and no skin-damage in my hands). I even did the routine in just a little over 13mins, so I kindda blew past the goal post.

Swinging the 32 now feels easy and 'right'. I'm even at a point where I think I could swing the 40 with relatively good power and start working on completing the routine with 40's, so this is big for me.

Thanks a bunch to everyone in here for the community, guidance and knowledge. Cheers!

A reminder to everyone who has achieve Simple - please post a review on amazon.com

-S-

Back
Top Bottom