all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I am able to do the timed test for 40 kg how should I proceed?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Arash Mohammady

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello comrades I’ve been training with 40 kg for a couple of months and have done the 15 minute test with this weight 3 times. My number one focus is Muay Thai and BJJ training but I also want to achieve sinister. I do feel like I’m beginning to plateau also. So how shall I proceed in my training to get closer to sinister by going past my plateau of strength without effecting my martial arts training.
Another question I have is what do u guys think about the ATG system? I have bought the program and I feel like it is definitely benefitting my mobility and leg strength.

1. I would revisit the timeless approach and slowly introduce a set or two of the 48kg. There are several solid plans for this. The G2S and the specific S and S plans from the Chicago primal gym guys are solid options. I believe @Pavel Macek also has a plan which @SvenRieger used to unlock sinister

2. I have not seen the ATG system yet to give an objective opinion

I think there are a couple ways of moving forward.

1) Adding a set with 48kg like Mark said. You can follow the step loading plan that Pavel laid out in S&S 2.0 where you add one set every 4 weeks for 20 weeks.
I do feel like I’m beginning to plateau also.
2) If you are referring to a physical plateau, then I will ask how many days you train Muy Thai and BJJ and how many days you train S&S? If your focus is on Muy Thai and BJJ, then you may need to cut S&S back to 2x a week.

3) Or, you could simply deload for a couple weeks. Only use the 32kg for swings and get ups for a week, then work your way back up to the 40kg. You may simply need to back off for a week or two.

4) If you’re talking about a mental plateau, meaning you’re getting bored of S&S or you just don’t feel like doing it anymore, then switch it up! If this is the case, and you want to achieve Sinister, then my advice would be to switch to Q&D for a couple months. You’re still training the swing for power, the power pushups may be a nice change, and it’s still minimalist as to not interfere with your martial arts training. In addition to all that, the celular adaptations of S&S and Q&D theoretically benefit each other. (Mitochondrial respiration from S&S and mitochondrial biogenesis from Q&D if I’m not mistaken)

I hope I was able to answer your question with any of these options!

1. I would revisit the timeless approach and slowly introduce a set or two of the 48kg. There are several solid plans for this. The G2S and the specific S and S plans from the Chicago primal gym guys are solid options. I believe @Pavel Macek also has a plan which @SvenRieger used to unlock sinister
2. I have not seen the ATG system yet to give an objective opinion
I think there are a couple ways of moving forward.

1) Adding a set with 48kg like Mark said. You can follow the step loading plan that Pavel laid out in S&S 2.0 where you add one set every 4 weeks for 20 weeks.

2) If you are referring to a physical plateau, then I will ask how many days you train Muy Thai and BJJ and how many days you train S&S? If your focus is on Muy Thai and BJJ, then you may need to cut S&S back to 2x a week.

3) Or, you could simply deload for a couple weeks. Only use the 32kg for swings and get ups for a week, then work your way back up to the 40kg. You may simply need to back off for a week or two.

4) If you’re talking about a mental plateau, meaning you’re getting bored of S&S or you just don’t feel like doing it anymore, then switch it up! If this is the case, and you want to achieve Sinister, then my advice would be to switch to Q&D for a couple months. You’re still training the swing for power, the power pushups may be a nice change, and it’s still minimalist as to not interfere with your martial arts training. In addition to all that, the celular adaptations of S&S and Q&D theoretically benefit each other. (Mitochondrial respiration from S&S and mitochondrial biogenesis from Q&D if I’m not mistaken)

I hope I was able to answer your question with any of these options!
Yes I am referring to a physical plateau and I try to train in martial arts 4-5x per week and try to incorporate S&S 3x per week. I’ve done Q&D in the past and loved it so I might try the snatch protocol or the other methods you mentioned like deloading or incorporating sets with 48kg

If you're plateauing have you considered deloading by using the 32kg for a week then working your way back up?

You can't indefinitely keep progressing, you need to attack progress in waves

If you're plateauing have you considered deloading by using the 32kg for a week then working your way back up?

You can't indefinitely keep progressing, you need to attack progress in waves
This week I will try the deloading to see what happens. I am, however, curious about the science behind deloading and how it effects the body to drive progression?

This week I will try the deloading to see what happens. I am, however, curious about the science behind deloading and how it effects the body to drive progression?
This might help to have a better understanding.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom