all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I love (& missed) Q&D + Scheduling Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

renegadenate

Level 7 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
I'm finally back to performing Q&D!

I'm following the two-week break-in period from the All-Terrain Conditioning manual, and I performed some 1-Arm Kettlebell Presses and Deadlifts per the manual's guidelines.

I missed it, and it felt great! ⚡

Q&D has been one of my favorite training programs. The various methods recommended in the All-Terrain Conditioning seminar are all up my alley (strength,/power) and similar to how I trained when I was competing in OCR from 2011-2017.

I'll be performing Q&D in addition to my current training (3 full-body sessions/week), but I was wondering if anyone has used Q&D with the Total Weekly Package schedule Pavel wrote about several years ago.

Like this:

Mon - Strength
Tues - Q&D
Wed - off or LISS or A+A?
Thurs - Strength
Fri - Q&D
Sat - LISS or A+A
Sun - off

Or should the strength and Q&D days be swapped so Q&D comes the day before strength (something Pavel did recommend)?

If so, how did the Total Weekly Package schedule work and did you also perform A+A with that schedule? If you used A+A, what methods did you use? Or, how can A+A be used with Q&D?

I'm just looking at a different option than I've been using and wanting to be able to train strength, Q&D, and A+A in the same week.

Also, Pavel suggested alternating six weeks of Q&D with The Best All-Around Training Method (C&J), which I plan on doing.

For those that have used the C&J program, how much weight should you use for the C&J? If my current 1RM 1-Arm Press is 28kg, should I use that? Or should I use something lighter (24kg)?

When the article and program was first published, I did it with 24kg (1 C+J every 30 seconds for 30 minutes) and it felt easy. The following week, I used 28kg (1 C+J every 30 seconds for 30 minutes) and it was good for the first 10-15 round/minutes, but the last 15-20 minutes were hard. I would have to stay there for a long time before I could add the second Clean (C+J+C).

Also, Pavel suggested alternating six weeks of Q&D with The Best All-Around Training Method (C&J), which I plan on doing.

For those that have used the C&J program, how much weight should you use for the C&J? If my current 1RM 1-Arm Press is 28kg, should I use that? Or should I use something lighter (24kg)?

When the article and program was first published, I did it with 24kg (1 C+J every 30 seconds for 30 minutes) and it felt easy. The following week, I used 28kg (1 C+J every 30 seconds for 30 minutes) and it was good for the first 10-15 round/minutes, but the last 15-20 minutes were hard. I would have to stay there for a long time before I could add the second Clean (C+J+C).
A 6-12RM on the C&J.

Week one of the Q&D break-in went great (have I said how much I love this program??)! (y)

After today's session, I performed some 1-Arm Presses (as referenced in the All-Terrain Conditioning seminar manual). For the first time, I was able to perform 5 reps on each arm with 24kg! This was previously a triple for me.

I'll perform the week two break-in as written, and then I'll reduce my frequency to 2x/week as I perform full-body workouts on my other training days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom