all posts post new thread

Nutrition I need to find something like "Soylent" (entire [liquid] meal) that is adapted for Simple & Sinister, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

didymus

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello Folks,

I really need to find something like "Soylent" (Soylent.com - Let us take a few things off your plate.), but is adapter for going hard with Simple & Sinister. I have *very little* time as it is and I don't care about cooking enough (for now) where I will miss much. It really just needs to taste decent. I need a whole-meal replacement with adequate protein and maybe whatever I'm not considering. Any suggestions? Something like this has got to exist. Soylent has something, but I want to field responses from you lads.

Thank you

Hello Folks,

I really need to find something like "Soylent" (Soylent.com - Let us take a few things off your plate.), but is adapter for going hard with Simple & Sinister. I have *very little* time as it is and I don't care about cooking enough (for now) where I will miss much. It really just needs to taste decent. I need a whole-meal replacement with adequate protein and maybe whatever I'm not considering. Any suggestions? Something like this has got to exist. Soylent has something, but I want to field responses from you lads.

Thank you
Well, depends on your goals and how you want to fuel. I don't know any other options than soylent.

I sometimes replace a meal with a whey shake (organic), an apple and maybe some nuts.

Other than that I fast occasionally and do intermittent fasting on a regular basis, thus eating less meals.

With all due respect, why would you want to inflict something like that on yourself?!

you’d be much better off in sacrificing 1 or 2 S&S sessions a week (since you plan to go hard on it you might need a rest day or two) and prepare some food for the next few days?
Soups, stews, goulash, chilli, chop and freeze some veggies, all of this takes very little time to prepare (you can heat stews etc even while you do S&S) and will give you MUCH better options than some kind of chemical goo used to fatten rats and give them metabolic syndrome for studies (read up on it, I am not kidding)

Training and certainly physical and mental health needs real nutrition not some gunk from a bottle
Preparing food requires surprisingly little time if you are organised and efficient

Huel powder is popular and Bulk Powders do some 'whole food powder' or something equivilant (looks like these are both US / international available apologies if not)

I wouldn't touch anything with soy or seed oils in it myself.

You might find OMAD with good food a more solid alternative if you have a busy schedule.

I think you'll want to look at Soylent and Huel. I have tried Soylent but have not tried Huel.

Setting aside the question of whether you should do it versus the "just eat real food" philosophy, I found Soylent to be a viable substitute for the days where I literally had zero time. However, I didn't like it enough to make it a part of the daily routine. To me, it's not bad to keep a few around for emergency fuel needs.

The best option, which I do almost daily for breakfast, is a smoothie with vegetables, fruit, and whey protein. That is more satisfying than having a Soylent since it has more bulk/fiber. Smoothies can be tailored endlessly so you can build them to suit your taste and can be prepared in < 5 minutes.

Hello Folks,

Thank you

Ensure Enlive is used in many eating disorder recovery clinics. Three 8oz bottles is considered a complete meal replacement for folks who can't get down enough solid food or who need to be supplemented overnight via an NG tube.

Most folks would be fine at 2.5 bottles. I wouldn't want to survive on them, but 30 yrs ago after getting my jaw wired shut I gained 3lbs in 2 weeks drinking the regular stuff.

A somewhat sinister application is the use of it for captives slated for waterboarding - eliminates the possibility of them aspirating solid foods...

Anyway, its pretty easy to put a meal's worth of real food in a blender. You'll save a small fortune and know exactly what's in your drink.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom