all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed I think I just discovered a new hamstring stretch

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pnigro

Level 3 Valued Member
I always found hamstring stretches to be quite tedious and boring, having to either lie down on the floor or have a partner help me.

Today I was standing in front of a table about the height of my hips and decided to do a good morning stretch, only this time I would rest my forearms on the table and then try to straighten my legs.

I think this can be a great stretch for those of us who can't even touch our toes. We can even read a book while we do it.

Those who can already bend 90-100 degrees with straight legs and back probably won't find it that useful.

What do you think?

I do one that's similar, but without the table. Not sure what it's called -- I'm sure I didn't invent it though. Squat all the way down, heels on ground, and place palms of the hands flat on the ground a foot or two in front of the feet. Then straighten the legs up as much as you can, while keeping hands and heels down. For me this makes a good hamstring stretch and also creates some traction on the back, which feels good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom