all posts post new thread

Barbell I'd like to get more serious with slow strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I only really care about the deadlift and the kettlebell press at this stage (outside of judo and S&S).
This sounds funny to me. I am a vegetarian (but also like steak). ROFL
Personally I believe (from my 5/3/1 and Starting Strength experience) that it's far better to do a comprehensive barbell program with 3 or 4 lifts. It feels like more is going on systemically, hormonally... the body really focuses on and prioritizes building strength, and the lifts help each other along.
I agree fully with this. I still like to use this strength standards chart too
basic-strength-standards.png

...And it goes without saying that PlanStrong is brilliant. I've been programming myself for that way for the last few months and it is time-consuming just to work out what I'm supposed to be doing, but I am very please with the results thus far. Because I haven't been competing in the last few months and don't have anything scheduled, I'm going to do a 1RM test at home on Saturday and am looking forward it already.

-S-

I almost forgot about this.
How’d it go?

This sounds funny to me. I am a vegetarian (but also like steak). ROFL

I agree fully with this. I still like to use this strength standards chart too
View attachment 8123
Yes, my English style is going to Hades.

That's a fantastic chart! So I'm intermediate at the press and a bit past intermediate for the deadlift. Interesting. A very important chart, thank you!

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on meeting the numbers in a chart.

-S-
I love the deadlift. At just 220lbs which is easy to lift for multiple reps I'm lifting the full weight of an opponent at judo. This is terrifically exciting for judo etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom