all posts post new thread

Off-Topic I'd like your honest opinion, on a project I'm working on.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JohnCaspar

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey all,

So I have been working on a small "project" with a service buddy of mine that I would like some critique on. Well, we started a fitness/ workout website that will be dedicated to different kinds of exercise guides and exercise-related articles. Been working on it for a little while now, and we have had some mixed signals coming in on it (mostly positive, on the writing part), but we where missing some more expert reviews on it :)

So that's why I'm asking this community for critique (there seems to be a quite wide range of people here, from beginners to experts on their fields... or at least people who know their s''''' ).

But what exactly do I want your opinion on? Well here's a quick list:
1. Are the articles written well enough and are they actually readable. The thing is that I'm not really a "native" English speaker, so I'm afraid that I don't always make myself clear enough to drive the point I'm trying to make home. (this sentence is probably a great example of that- sorry)
2. Is the layout of the articles clear enough :)

And absolutely any other kind of critique would be great. And I'm definitely not looking for a pat on the back or a good job here- NOPE. I want you guys to bring out any negative aspects about it or at least things that could be improved. Because that's the point here- to try to give the best quality content that people could really benefit from.

Been focusing on writing different articles and guides on the deadlift right now. Here is an exercise guide I recently wrote: Shovel deadlift.

Hope you tear it apart :D No really hope you can help me improve it, by shooting weak points at me.

Thank you all!

Hi there :)
Read the shovel deadlift.
a few things came to my mind...
and please, no offense and I have the highest respect for the work you have put in the writing etc.
what are the pre-conditions to do this lift? it is for advanced lifters?!
how can I work towards doing it?
any references?

the text below "be the change" is too much/promising. I would be sceptic because it sounds like claim in advertisements and the "better", "next level", " achieve all your physical goals" just don't sound realistic and reasonable. I would not make such a statement and stay on the humble side of how much I can support people with articles and theoretical guidance.

Again: just my 2 cents and first impressions!

Last edited:
I gave it the typical 1.5 minute internet browse... I really like it! It's upbeat, readable, clear, and has good visuals to go with the text.

It's probably in there but in my quick glance I didn't see it. How to determine loading for the shovel deadlift? Or, might one work up to it by loading the bar unevenly?

I gave it the typical 1.5 minute internet browse... I really like it! It's upbeat, readable, clear, and has good visuals to go with the text.

It's probably in there but in my quick glance I didn't see it. How to determine loading for the shovel deadlift? Or, might one work up to it by loading the bar unevenly?
Thanks, for the feedback. Yeah, it's missing the loading part and how to work up to it- thanks those are some great points, that I think would add a lot of value to the article, and be really useful as well. And not only in this article- but it's something I can use in others as well.
So thank you!

and please, no offense and I have the highest respect for the work you have put in the writing etc.
what are the pre-conditions to do this lift? it is for advanced lifters?!
how can I work towards doing it?
Hey, those are some good points :) Thanks :)

I really like the illustrations in the articles and the design/visual style of the site in general is bold and tidy.

If I had to offer a negative it would be that the 'take yourself to the next level' and 'achieve all your physical goals' language on the front page reminds me of generic third-rate personal trainer bios you read on the noticeboard at a gym. There's nothing wrong with it as such, it's just not very unique or individual. Think about what your website offers that others don't and really emphasise what sets it apart.

Having said that, considering English isn't your first language you've done a really amazing job.

It looks like a reasonably polished site, good stuff.

On a side note, training with an offset loaded pole to increase core stability....where have I seen this before?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom