all posts post new thread

Bodyweight If you could only practice just ONE bodyweight exercise, what would it be?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

xagunos

Level 6 Valued Member
The only one I can think of that would provide the most bang for buck for the WHOLE body is the One-Arm One-Leg Push-up (which I assume is why it's the choice for SFB cert).

It's not necessarily the best bodyweight press (I reserve that pick for the Planche Push-up), nor is it a phenomenal leg exercise BUT it covers probably the most bases of any single pick and has plenty of "WTH effect" carryover to exercises like the One-Arm Chin-up. The best part is all you need is a floor!

What is your pick?

Set a pull up bar height at just under your max jump reach. Push yourself off the deck from a prone position, jump to bar, do a pull up or three then a few hanging abs, swing yourself in the air and let go at a decent height for a nice depth jump, hit the deck, repeat.

Could substitute a rope climb for a pull up bar.

Last edited:
So with this premise, we can’t practice a movememt we dont actually possess the capacity to perform yet or are we magically gifted that ability and allowed to perform it faily

Like if my ultimate goal is to do a planche push-up but I can’t even hold the basic crow pose, is the only exercise I’m allowed to do is a half@$$ed leap frog, belly flop abomination onto a sweaty, tumbling mat in a continually failed attempt to perform a planche push-up? I

Trying to hold an "L sit" for 10+ seconds gives me the feeling of an all over workout. Not sure exactly what I'm hitting doing it, but it certainly feels everywhere.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom