all posts post new thread

Kettlebell If you could only train for 10 min, what would you do?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If I could only train for 10 minutes and my goal happened to be general fitness, it would be kettlebell front squats and kettlebell swings, as many as I can. 5 minutes front squats, 5 minutes swings. No supersetting. Not a fan of it.

If I could only train for 10 minutes and my goal happened to be strength, I'd do barbell squats with no warm-up, as heavy as I can at 3 sets of 3 reps.

Sounds like two days split..
Day 1: s&s swings, few get ups
Day 2: presses, rows..(soju&tuba)

Sounds familiar.. hey wait I'm doing this. :)

Hello,

Another option:
Day 1: conditioning / cardio : swings / snatches / C&J
Day 2: strength : press / Bnp / GU

On a six days a week basis so you get 3 training of each types. Of course, this is still possible to add GTG on 1 or 2 moves during all these days of training.

Kind regards,

Pet'

When my youngest was born I had lots of broken nights and this was combined with shift work. But I still could manage 20 MINUTES to workout. Doing my workouts when the kids went to sleep (with babyphone next to me, if I had to go upstairs. I Just went and continued afterwards).

But I was not focussing on daily workouts but only 3 times a week a 20 minute sessions from Geoff Neupert's Express book. Works great for me.

I would say: Just start moving and do whatever feels right.

Maybe stretch a little, do loaded carries with your child. Or just pick up a kettlebell and do not put it down for ten minutes. Deadlift it, press it, hold it, swing it, carry it (rack, suitcase, goblet hold, overhead).

On other days a movement flow could be the perfect thing, e. g. yoga, OS resets and crawling, animal flow, GMB elements. I like the stuff Mike Taylor from Strala yoga has on his youtube channel.

Don't worry too much about your gains, just get going and move a lot during the day.

Just swings. Do as many quality sets of 10 reps as you can in 10 minutes. Rest intuitively, but decrease rest periods until you do 10 reps EMOM for the full 10 minutes.

Or, for more variety, Pat Flynn's Beast Mother complex.

I would set the timer for 30 sec
1. Set 5 swings
2. Set 10 swings
3. 15
4. 20
Rest for tge remaining sec of the 30
Do another round -> adds up to 10 min* and increasing reps are good to warm up.
The next day easy 10x10 EMOM
Next day TGU HEAVY
Next day rest
Start cycle again
*edit: that would be 5 mins, 4 rounds make up 10 mins...messedup the numbers

Last edited:
10 swings EMOM for 10 minutes with 5 explosive push ups between the minutes on one day and 10 band pull a parts on the other. Basically a A/B schedule every day of the week.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom