all posts post new thread

Barbell I'm new :) is my template ok?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Warzone2022

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello I'm Michael from UK :)

I have an issue of over complicating things (obsessive disorder) and literally do the paralysis by analysis so I found this template on line which seems to fit me

Going to keep it simple on my PPL
3x8-12 per exercise (rest pause 5 reps on last set)
2x12-20 Isolation exercise
Aim for 6 days a week minimum 3
Hypertrophy goal

Push
Vertical Push
Horizontal Push
Tricep iso

Pull
Vertical pull
Horizontal pull
Bicep iso

Leg
Quad dominant
Hip/hamstring dominant
Calve

Currently at 250lb wanting to get to 270lb and go on a serious cut.

Doing a 500cal daily clean bulk surplus at 3700cal to aim to gain 1lb a week and yoga twice a week as injury prevention and flexibility

Does anyone else use a very simplified training plan?

The template is based on the classic Push pull leg article from oldschooltrainer

So does this hit all bases regarding the template? I have my exercises already so that's not a problem, I just want to know if the template is good

Thankyou

Welcome, @Michael Brian Turner

Is it a bodybuilding template?

You're likely to find a focus more on strenth-building, here... but there are some knowledgeable people on other types of programs.

Might want to tell us more about your goals.

Welcome, @Michael Brian Turner

Is it a bodybuilding template?

You're likely to find a focus more on strenth-building, here... but there are some knowledgeable people on other types of programs.

Might want to tell us more about your goals.
My main goal is to get in the best shape I can get, also injury free before may 6th next year (my 30th birthday) I have a few disabilities including chronic pain, and other weight training related issues that I'm dealing with.

So my main focus is muscle building and longevity, but due to my obsessive nature I wanted something simple to work with hence the 3 exercise PPL routine, so I just need to know if it's good to go :)

Fine idea by @Pavel Macek, and it's a good way to get started... However, some people are not inclined to kettlebell training, and that's OK.

Since you posted in the barbell forum, you might prefer the barbell.

I just need to know if it's good to go :)

I just don't think there's enough information to answer your question. There's no information about how you'll progress, for instance. And I'd be a bit concerned about "chronic pain", "other weight training related issues", and "Currently at 250lb wanting to get to 270lb and go on a serious cut."

But these are good goals: "get in the best shape I can get", "injury free", "muscle building and longevity", and "something simple to work with."

I would suggest a simple, sustainable, strength-building program using compound movement big lifts like squat, deadlift, press, bench press, and row.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom