all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Improving bench press, pull-ups & chin-ups?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BenjaminLucas

First Post
I've been following SF for some time but I'm new to the forum :-D
My weak areas in strength training are the bench press, pull-ups and chin-ups. Outside of my fitness classes 2x/week (which are KB and body-strength intensive), I would like to know of body-weight techniques I can do at home to improve on these weak areas. In regard to the bench press, I was going to go the route Jody P. suggested in his article below (my MaxRP = 35, so currently doing 20 RPs/set daily, which I am tracking):
I have a pull-up bar at home. I welcome suggestions for body-weight routines I can do at home to improve my weak areas!

Final note: last night I achieved a PR of 205lbs for a hard-style weight plank. Next goal is 100kg. Other plank styles recommended to improve core strength?

What are your stats at the moment: weight,reps, body weight,height and technique form?
Final note: last night I achieved a PR of 205lbs for a hard-style weight plank. Next goal is 100kg. Other plank styles recommended to improve core strength?
Start doing evil wheels with progression.

I’m not sure what you mean for the bench press your max RP is 35. There are a ton of programs for chins on SF. Fighter pull-up program comes to mind and Karen Smith has written a lot of gear material for pull-ups on the site.

Grease the Groove programs are great for increasing bodyweight rep volume. I would try to do it with push ups first since you mentioned bench press. Do roughly half your max reps throughout the day with at least a 30 min break in between. You should avoid soreness and playing with volumes each day can help you zero in on this. For example, if your max set of push ups is 30 then do 15 roughly every 30 min until you start to feel the movement is worn out and call it a day.

As for getting better in the bench press via bodyweight exercises my vote goes to handstand pushups/pike push ups, one arm pushups and pseudo planche pushups (or actual planche pushups if you're one of the few people worldwide who are able to do them).
As for pullups/chinups just ger stronger on pullups/chinups. The fighter pullup program is a classic.

I've been following SF for some time but I'm new to the forum :-D
My weak areas in strength training are the bench press, pull-ups and chin-ups. Outside of my fitness classes 2x/week (which are KB and body-strength intensive), I would like to know of body-weight techniques I can do at home to improve on these weak areas. In regard to the bench press, I was going to go the route Jody P. suggested in his article below (my MaxRP = 35, so currently doing 20 RPs/set daily, which I am tracking):omegle discord xender
I have a pull-up bar at home. I welcome suggestions for body-weight routines I can do at home to improve my weak areas!

thankyou my issue has been solved

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom