all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Improvised kettlebell advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

wanderingjames

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi, this concern is directed to the handymen, carpenters, builders, and/or anybody with experience creating a makeshift kettlebell, but as always, I'm open to hearing what anyone else has to say so feel free to chime in your $0.02 on the matter.

I can't afford to buy kettlebells at the moment so I will build it my own with 1 fixed 15lb dumbbell and 2 10lb plates. Photo below for your reference:

20171122_142627.jpg

I will use it strictly for S&S (one arm swing, get up) and its warm ups (goblet squat, halo) if that info helps.

Thank you!

Throw all into a bag made out of cloth or nylon and swing. There you have a handle.

What's your experience level like? If you're new to TGUs and goblet squats, I would just start doing those with the 15lb dumbbell (or heavier, if you have those as well).

Just tie the plates to the dumbell with a rope, so that the plates hang some 20 cm below the dumbbell. The dumbell should act as the handle. If you swing properly, the fact that the plates are lose shouldnt affect (as suggested by Taikei above). Maybe it'll be similar to a towel swing. This arrangement would only work for swings and get ups though.

Another option, if you have access to a gym, is a home made t-handle for heavy 2 hand swings, and doing the TGU with dumbbells from the gym

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom