all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Improvised ruck training for holiday?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kiwipete

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi team,

Apologies if I haven’t posted this in the correct section....

I’m going overseas to California in June for a month and staying all over the state.

I want to maintain or build my ruck fitness whilst away for a 4 day work course in early September. However I won’t have any weight to put in my ruck.

What is either free or cheap in the states to purchase as ‘ballast’ for my ruck?

Many thanks

Pete

Last edited:
Hello @kiwipete ..... a couple of sturdy trash bags filled with sand works well. Usually available at any home inprovement store for less than $20.
Also water bottles are a great tip as you could use and refill!
You could adjust the weight as needed, and when done, dispose of properly or gift to another Rucker.

Good luck and safe travels.

CARL in Dover

Last edited:
Home improvement stores sell 10-lb bags of cement powder for less than $3 each. Wrap them in duct tape so they don't leak. They fit perfectly in my rucksack.

Hi team,

Apologies if I haven’t posted this in the correct section....

I’m going overseas to California in June for a month and staying all over the state.

I want to maintain or build my ruck fitness whilst away for a 4 day work course in early September. However I won’t have any weight to put in my ruck.

What is either free or cheap in the states to purchase as ‘ballast’ for my ruck?

Many thanks

Pete
@Carl in Dover and @Smile-n-Nod nailed it. Sand, cement, and water.
(Just don't mix them...:))

Just what I was looking for :)
I forgot to mention that I can fit four 10-lb bags in my medium-size ruck.

The bags I bought came from a large home-improvement chain called Lowes, which has stores all over California. Home Depot is anotber large chain which is ubiquitous in the U.S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom