all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Incorporating A+A snatches with S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jkan

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any luck adding a day or 2 per week of A+A snatches into their S&S training? If anyone could offer some guidance I’d be most appreciative. Thank you.

If your objective is to "get the same benefits and make the same progress that I would have gotten out of straight S&S, but sub some snatches for some of the swings", I think it could be done. But, is that your objective?

Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any luck adding a day or 2 per week of A+A snatches into their S&S training? If anyone could offer some guidance I’d be most appreciative. Thank you.
You could focus on A+A snatches, and supplement that with 1 or 2 easy S&S sessions a week. I've been working on A+A snatches 3 days a week and adding one S&S session per week with 2 hand swings just to work with a heavier load and to practice a powerful hip snap.

S&S is an unbelievable method of bringing your general fitness up to standard, if you're following the book, but S&S is so much more than a standalone program. I've run S&S timeless twice now, but I've moved onto A+A snatches. I now use S&S as an optional day for pretty much any program I'm running, I just adjust the S&S parameters (1HS/2HS/heavy/light/EMOM/etc.) to complement whatever I'm working on.

I play hockey, so S&S 2 hand swing sessions are fantastic for working the posterior chain. You always go back to the well with S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom