all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Increasing strength endurance and muscular endurance without constant smokers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
That said, the programming in there is quite complex (it's for professionals). And I also wish I knew about S&S, AA and Q&D back then. Q&D in particular would have been amazing
I have read the book many times and still dont understand it enough to use the principles 100%.

Hello,

IMHO, "endurance" can be considered as two different things:
- strength-endurance
- cardio-vascular endurance

Muscular endurance is often considered as strength-endurance regarding a specific move or pattern.

You can increase strength-endurance by performing GTG or multiple sets of the required skill. For example, n push ups per hour every day.

Cardio-vascular endurance can be trained with a variety of ways. Unless we are looking for a specific adaptation (exp: being a good runner), rowing, cycling, swimming, rucking, rope skipping, or even "IronWolf's" high rep burpee routines will lead to the same cardio vascular adaptations (ability to use fat as fuel, reducing RHR, etc...). However, it will not necessarily transfer to another activity.

For instance, for a while I did skipping rope up to 45 minutes a day. Nonetheless, the first time I went running, my legs gave up even if my heart and lungs were just fine...

Regardless the way we use, we can easily avoid the "smoker thing" by simply pacing. Nasal breathing will work well or running for instance. Or we can set up x number of repetition per minutes if we talk about burpees or rowing strokes.

Kind regards,

Pet'

How could I increase my strength and muscular endurance without constantly going through smoker sessions? I train boxing and want to feel fresh when training it. However, besides bodyweight strength and power training, I’d like to work on my strength endurance and muscular endurance as well. What would you suggest?
I've been doing a low frequency Novocaine style of A+A sessions immediately followed by hypertrophy/strength ladders to induce fatigue for increasing muscular endurance while keeping power production high for combat sport. My log has more details of the sets, reps, rest, etc. It's been great as a supplement to bjj.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom