all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

"Crowds' psychology", Gustave LeBon
It explains how a crowd works, to what rule it obeys, etc...

Kind regards,

Pet'

I just read "Eleven Rings - The Soul of Success" by Phil Jackson, and have to say it was one of the best books on coaching/leadership I have read in a long long time. I came away with pages of notes about how I can improve as a coach. Highly recommended to any coach or teacher, or really anyone in a leadership position.

Hello,

I recently re-read it: "Let every breath" from V. Vasiliev. One of the reference regarding Russian Systema fundamentals (breathing and relaxation)

Kind regards,

Pet'

I bought Discipline Equals Freedom
Field Manual

By Jocko Willink

Picked this up last Saturday and have read it twice. Words to live by IMHO!

The Age of Reason-Thomas Paine
The Mainspring of Human Progress-Henry Grady Weaver
Dune-Frank Herbert

These would probably be my top 3.

--Tuesdays with Morrie- Mitch Albom; a distillation of what really matters--and its not "stuff/material items"
--Elie Wiesel-Night;harrowing eye witness account of surviving the Holocaust
--The Killer Angels-Michael Shaara; fictional account of the Battle of Gettysburg based on historical facts--riveting and vivid narrative of why and what it meant to fight the battle from both sides

I bought Discipline Equals Freedom
Field Manual

By Jocko Willink

Picked this up last Saturday and have read it twice. Words to live by IMHO!

I have and love Extreme Ownership, and listen to his podcast regularly. I'm probably going to buy it anyway, but is there much in there that he hasn't covered in EO or the podcast?

@wespom9- No, not really. It's a shorter, more direct read. I was done in just a few hours. It breaks his concepts down to the simplest form.

Of particular interest to me, "Musicophilia" by Oliver Sachs. Anything by Oliver Sachs, really. A most interesting fellow who passed away within the last year, I believe. Among many other things, he was a powerlifter, but he's best known as a neuropsychologist who taught at Columbia University in NYC.

this is incredible, I never knew he was a powerlifter!

loved his book "An Anthropologist on Mars" 7 absolutely fascinating tales about real people.

the last chapter was particularly moving

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom