all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Information about McGill stuff

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

masa

Level 10 Valued Member
Hi,
Due to my chronic back problems, I'm seeking information, links and text about Stuart McGill's work. I have the book Back Mechanic, but I'm interested about threads of nerve flossing, Big3 and that sort of things. Any help is valuable. Thanks!

There's a book by Brian Carrol featuring McGill too. Not read it but Brian Carrol has appeared on podcasts discussing how he fixed his back with the big 3.

Brian coaches me. He has helped me out quite a bit. He uses the McGill methods in his coaching. I highly recommend Back Mechanic and GOI (they co authored). Also 10/20/Life if you are into the powerlifts, specifically, or just want to build strength [using barbells] and not beat up your back. Send him an email, he is very approachable. Beaten up athletes with bad backs is kind of his specialty, lol. His website is powerrackstrength.com

If you have any immediate questions or need help, let me know or message me.

Regards,

Eric

Brian coaches me. He has helped me out quite a bit. He uses the McGill methods in his coaching. I highly recommend Back Mechanic and GOI (they co authored). Also 10/20/Life if you are into the powerlifts, specifically, or just want to build strength [using barbells] and not beat up your back. Send him an email, he is very approachable. Beaten up athletes with bad backs is kind of his specialty, lol. His website is powerrackstrength.com

If you have any immediate questions or need help, let me know or message me.

Regards,

Eric
Thanks for your response! (y)

Great! I started to wonder how many does both. Do you do both in a row?
Basically yes... <10 min warmup I do most days:

-Lock Neck/cervical Big 3
-Lock Thoracic Big 3
-Cat Camel and McGill Big 3
- Lock shoulder big 3
-walk around with 20kg knell for a dew minutes (farmer, rack, waiter walks)

Before squatting I do halo's and goblet squats

Before deadlifts I do kbell swings and hip thrusts

Before bench pressing I do halo's and pushups

Basically yes... <10 min warmup I do most days:

-Lock Neck/cervical Big 3
-Lock Thoracic Big 3
-Cat Camel and McGill Big 3
- Lock shoulder big 3
-walk around with 20kg knell for a dew minutes (farmer, rack, waiter walks)

Before squatting I do halo's and goblet squats

Before deadlifts I do kbell swings and hip thrusts

Before bench pressing I do halo's and pushups
Good stuff!

I also did both when doing S&S. I found it made for a long warm-up but better than back pain. For now, just doing the Big3 and the S&S warm-up might be enough for you. Maybe add more of the glute bridges and goblet squats when you can.
Thanks! I might just do that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom