all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Injured forearm

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gary W

Level 5 Valued Member
This morning while doing my prying squats i got a really bad sharp pain in my forearm up towards my elbow but thumb side, kind of where the meaty bit is.
The pain was quite bad had to put the bell down and couldn't carry on with the workout.

So now im feeling sorry for myself as i felt i was starting to make some progress.
Ive iced it and now wrapped it to compress.
Annoying thing is i dont think its the kbs that caused it, we went to a trampoline park yesterday and i was swinging on a oylimpic ring, i thought it would be funny to swing with my mrs hanging of off my back too!
Was fine at the time but think that might have lead to this.

Anyone had similar and know how long it'll take to heal, can barely grip a bell at the moment ?
Im guessing its tendon damage or something

Im guessing its tendon damage or something
Any commentary on anyone’s behalf here would be guessing also.

The safe course is to give it a week or so and see how you feel. The even safer course of action would be to see a doctor (which you should consider if it doesn’t resolve on its own accord)

Active recovery is often better than passive, but only when the injury has been properly diagnosed.

Im not really looking for a forum diagnosis just feeling sorry for myself.

Looking online it could possibly be the

Brachioradialis muscle​

I'll see how it goes over the next few days, i tried to pick up a 24kg earlier and it still really hurts, seems to be in the hammer curl position when i get pain and slightly when clenched fist.

I can still do Pushups so guess I'll be working on my them and pistols!

Im working away from home next week so was planing a active recovery week anyway.

Just annoyed at myself and hoping i can get back to the planned routines i had in mind soon

It does sound like a trigger point in the Brachioradialis, which I've had before. Give it some love 2 or 3 times a day for the week you're away and you should be good to go again when you get back.

The good news is that you did not hear a pop and were then forced to let go of the ring. Had something similar a while back towards the end of a 30 a side on the :45 with a 24 GU session. Massage,smashing,ice,mobility,stretching. Felt better in 3 weeks or so.

Last edited:
The good news is that you did not hear a pop and were then forced to let go of the ring.

Yep, it could be way worse than it is now. I know for sure how it's like to hear a pop sound.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom