all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Interesring OAP variation/progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marc

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey folks,
here is an interessting video I stumbeled upon. What do you think of it in terms of a OAP progression/variation?

honestly would have to try before knowing if a good option, however the thing I would change before trying would be to no have the working elbow fare out. Our testing standards we like to see the elbow in tighter toward the rib cage.

I tried out a few reps after watching this. It feels like a good alternative.
I also noticed that the guy in the vid flares his elbow out too much. Corkscrew your shoulders everybody, if you are to try this at home!

Hello,

@Marc
I gave a shot this morning, but with the pressing arm close to the rib cage (safer for the shoulder). It seemed harder than a regular archer push ups, but easier than a standard OA push up. Can be a pretty good idea to get a smoother progression toward the strict OA push up then.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Marc
I gave a shot this morning, but with the pressing arm close to the rib cage (safer for the shoulder). It seemed harder than a regular archer push ups, but easier than a standard OA push up. Can be a pretty good idea to get a smoother progression toward the strict OA push up then.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I felt the same way!
I think it might be a good fit for the medium day of @Karen Smith 's OAP programme

I'm also a stickler for the elbow being tucked into the side. Flared-elbow OA-PUs make me cringe...

Just tried it out... it's an interesting variation. Not sure I'd consider it better than any other in-between move, but it's different. Thanks for the share!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom