all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Interesting program to create

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Eryk

Level 4 Valued Member
Ive never seen here program with planche, front lever, oapu, pistols, pullups etc.. Like normal calisthenics, program with many exercises but of course for strength.. What do you think about creating it? :D I think that many people want to achieve many moves not only pullups, oapu or pistols.

Well, I think it is probably due to the fact that these moves are crazy hard.
Before bothering about the front lever one should really be a master of pullups. But you are right, it is a worthy goal.

What is "master of pullups"? I mean traininf where are both one arm pushups as are hm wide pullups with weight, practice of front lever, planche and maybe black lever. I started to do front lever when my wide pullup max was just only 7 maybe 8 and max of tactical pullups hm.. Like 7, 8 too. My last series of wide pull ups and tactical was 3 reps x 5. I see that high rep max has nothing to do about with strength skills as front lever. Currently I can do front lever with one leg straight, I am after 11 days with this exercise.

I mean program where only strength is a goal and it have mang exercises and last hm 5 times per week. minimally 4 times per week. I think that oapu, front lever, planche, wide pullups with weight, tactical pullups with weight(wide pullups are more important in my opinion), pistols hm maybe back levee too.. I think that these exercises are allright for the beginning. When somebody cant do pullups with weight, then without weight. And I know that pullups has nothing to do with front lever or back lever, if someone can do 5 wide and tactical - its good to practice front lever almost from the beginning. Whats your suggestions? A, primary goal.. I think that dynamic strength with weight with little statics - it will be good.

Ive never seen here program with planche, front lever, oapu, pistols, pullups etc.. Like normal calisthenics, program with many exercises but of course for strength.. What do you think about creating it? :D I think that many people want to achieve many moves not only pullups, oapu or pistols.
@Eryk, our bodyweight program is not intended to teach gymnastics or calisthenics. Our bodyweight program is based on our principles, and uses a few, well-chosen exercises to put those principles into practice. If you wish to know more about StrongFirst's approach to bodyweight training, I recommend you read the book "Naked Warrior" by Pavel, and/or attend a StrongFirst bodyweight course or certification, and/or work with one of our SFB-certified instructors.

If you wish to learn a lot of gymnastic and calisthenic movements, I recommend you start by following our methods for the exercises we teach, then looking for gymnastic resources appropriate to your personal goals. We don't teach "normal calisthenics" by choice. We prefer to be "an inch wide and a mile deep" with respect to the exercises we teach.

I also encourage you to read our FAQ - an obscenity-laced post of yours was not approved because of its language.

Welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

-S-

Okay :D I understand. Hm.. If I would be in your position I would do something great with many levels of bodyweight. There are many harder exercises than oapu and pistols about which you can say something. And even these professional gymnastics and theirs books are weird in few moments so.. Anyway, I understand.. As you want to.

@Eryk
I second steve.

Most SFGs are not specialized in advanced bodyweight skills.

Intermediate ones are chosen to train for brute strength when no iron is around (similar to convict conditioning).

Look up barstarrz,bar-brothers or any other of the millions of informationfreegiven websites.

Street workout is growing by the minute!
People are helping each other without certifications and enjoy the proccess!

Okay :D I understand. Hm.. If I would be in your position I would do something great with many levels of bodyweight. There are many harder exercises than oapu and pistols about which you can say something.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, @Eryk. We choose not to say something about many things but a lot about a few things.

-S-

You can say much about everything - be perfect in everything. Anyway, okay do want you want to do. Thanks for your response btw. :D

If you really master the OAPU, Pullups and Pistols you will have an easier time learning the gymnastic's moves.

You might check out GM bodies their approach to these moves is pretty solid.

I believe the r/bodyweightfitness community would be better for your goals. Their Recommended Routine and other programs have a more gymnastic approach, and a lot of content is free. Best of luck.

G
If you really master the OAPU, Pullups and Pistols you will have an easier time learning the gymnastic's moves.

You might check out GM bodies their approach to these moves is pretty solid.

As great as the oapu is,gymnasts never train for it specifically.

If you want to excel at gymnastic,practice gymnastics!

Specifity comrade!

Thank you for your responses.. I love Strongfirst forum, I didnt ever see here any "internet bullie" who laughed at some person or wrote something offensive.. I really appreciate that. Always specific conversations with good manners. Greeting from Poland!

Btw. How do you think, how to the best mix strength training with endurance training but IN GYMNASTIC? Ive read in one of books of Pavel about 2 weeks of strength training and next 2 weeks of endurance. I know that gymnasts train endurance and strength in the same week, even in the same day. Hm, strongfirst roadwork(mix of strength and endurance) will be good for gymnastic? I mean, I think that someone from this forum who knows strongfirst methods can help me such as I will have better training as gymnast than other gymnasts. And the most important, I dont want to be gymnasts but its interesting topic for me.. And maybe someday.. But I think that endurance and strength in gymnastic version(high reps and low reps training in the same day ) isnt good method.. Maybe we can mix these things in good way in the same day but hm.. I know that professional gymnasts recommend this method but hmm.. I think that there is better method than this method. What do you think?? I think that seeking help from this forum is worth of writing because of many knowledgeably persons or normal users which are here in this forum.

Last edited:
I think the biggest decision you need to make is whether or not you want to be a gymnast. You've been given good advice between both of your recent threads, but your response is always along the lines of "but it's not gymnastic."

@Eryk Our SFB program is "Power to the People" - excellent general strength prep for very wide variety of folks, from weak-end warriors to professional warriors.

Gymnastic skills you mention above may be a special follow up. For anybody interested in the gymnastic skills, I recommend to attend SFG Course and/or Cert, master the principles (!) and then apply them to any progressions of the gymnastic skills, e.g. as presented by Coach Sommers and his excellent Gymnastic Bodies programs.

Reactions: jef
Okay! Thank you, despite my static work I will focus on oapu and pistols and dips(I like this exercise). Thank you again, I appreciate your help!!

Btw. What do you think about three days with one arm push ups and at the same day Russian Ladder with short rest time? I mean - with oapu and hm, front lever work etc. I will gain pure strength and with these exercises I will do Russian ladder with very slow dips - reps like in strength training and version of dips like in strength training BUT with short rest time.. What effects this mix will give me? By this Russian Ladder I will obtain strength + some conditioning and mix of miofibrylar hipertophy and sarcoplasmatic hipertrophy?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom