all posts post new thread

Barbell Intervals in The Weight Room

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Boris Bachmann

Level 8 Valued Member
I did a (meta) "reaction video" commentary of sorts with a workout I did yesterday. Meant to spark discussion more than anything.

The workout was: (Squat 135lb x 3 x 3 @ 1min, 'Vertical Lift' 25lbers x 10 x 3 @ 1min) x 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was fun, and I'll probably do more workouts like it in the future.

Thoughts, comments, questions are welcome.

I've done something similar on 'light days', but using BB front squats and KB dead clean + press or steel club mills or macebell 360s.

Front squats + clubs or mace is muscular more fatiguing in the upper because you're hitting your upper back again after tiring it a bit with front squats, but the dead clean and press hits the legs harder and is metabolically more taxing because you're moving more total weight.

There are definitely harder combos of exercises. I liked the combo of back squats + vertical lift because it was a full body without blasting any one thing too hard. Mills is a cool exercise I've never really explored - thank you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom