all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Introduce myself

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rumsmike

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello everyone, I just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I plan on being an active user going forward. I've been following along daily for a couple of years and have leaned so much from you all, but I've been leary to contribute because I guess I've felt unwarranted compared to most of you. I'm especially thankful to the forum heavy hitters that are always so willing to share and help on this forum (we all know who you are ?).

Briefly about me:

6'4", 200lb. 42 yo male. Desk job.

Focus is GPP, minimalism, longevity. Not having to go to a gym.

Current routine:

-S&S(2.0) 3½ times per week. Half way through the step-loading to timeless solid. Just bought a 48kg bell, which I'll likely begin to incorporate in the fall. Been consistently working on this for a couple years with one 12 week cycle of Q&D.

-2½ times per week: Simple strength for difficult times by Fabio Zonin - 2nd time through. Mainly bodyweight and KB stuff. Simple Strength for Difficult Times: An 8-Week Progressive Plan | StrongFirst

-road/gravel MAF cycling 3-7 hours per week

Decent high school basketball player that spent my twenties and thirties being very lazy and not taking care of myself. Have been increasingly consistent for 3 or 4 years now after initially working with a trainer who taught me a lot and helped me lose 50lbs. I've kept it off and patiently built up a strong base of strength and endurance. I credit Strongfirst and its principles with my desire to keep plugging along while actually enjoying the process.

Anyways, that's enough about me. Again, thank you all and I look forward to contributing to this amazing space.

Have been increasingly consistent for 3 or 4 years now after initially working with a trainer who taught me a lot and helped me lose 50lbs. I've kept it off and patiently built up a strong base of strength and endurance. I credit Strongfirst and its principles with my desire to keep plugging along while actually enjoying the process.

Awesome. Welcome to the forum...

It's nice to see textbook programs run concurrently that go together. It's almost like you've been reading the site for a few years.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I plan on being an active user going forward. I've been following along daily for a couple of years and have leaned so much from you all, but I've been leary to contribute because I guess I've felt unwarranted compared to most of you. I'm especially thankful to the forum heavy hitters that are always so willing to share and help on this forum (we all know who you are ?).

Briefly about me:

6'4", 200lb. 42 yo male. Desk job.

Focus is GPP, minimalism, longevity. Not having to go to a gym.

Current routine:

-S&S(2.0) 3½ times per week. Half way through the step-loading to timeless solid. Just bought a 48kg bell, which I'll likely begin to incorporate in the fall. Been consistently working on this for a couple years with one 12 week cycle of Q&D.

-2½ times per week: Simple strength for difficult times by Fabio Zonin - 2nd time through. Mainly bodyweight and KB stuff. Simple Strength for Difficult Times: An 8-Week Progressive Plan | StrongFirst

-road/gravel MAF cycling 3-7 hours per week

Decent high school basketball player that spent my twenties and thirties being very lazy and not taking care of myself. Have been increasingly consistent for 3 or 4 years now after initially working with a trainer who taught me a lot and helped me lose 50lbs. I've kept it off and patiently built up a strong base of strength and endurance. I credit Strongfirst and its principles with my desire to keep plugging along while actually enjoying the process.

Anyways, that's enough about me. Again, thank you all and I look forward to contributing to this amazing space.

Welcome...

S&S and Cycling are working very well together for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom