all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Iron Cardio

Did alternating weights Yesterday.

On my light day, I did only 20 sets of CPS, alternating between 32 and 40kg.

I think my press has gone up. I did a push press with the first 40kg reps and they felt "too light". so, I continued on with Strict presses thereafter. very cool. previously tested max several months ago was 2L/3R @ 40kg, after directly training it for some time; just pressing with 5x5, ladders, etc.

Also, I could not believe the perception of increased rep speeds with the 32kg thereafter. they felt "too fast".

After a static block of 9 weeks of traveling 2's after 3 weeks of classic, I'll be mixing it up going forward. We'll see how this goes. May utilize dice rolling soon.

Awesome to hear. I've been alternating sessions while I build my pressing strength back up after my injury. The last two weeks, I've done:

- press rep ladders with 16+16 for 30 sets
- alternating weights with 16+16 and 20+20 for 30 sets
- press rep doubles with 16+16 for 30 sets
- alternating weights with 16+16 and 20+20 for 30 sets

For the short term, I intend to keep the light day for press volume and the heavy day for, well, heavy. Since I'm pretty comfortable getting 30 sets in under 30 minutes with the alternating weights, I'm thinking about just using the pair of 20s for my next heavy day and seeing where that gets me if I take it to a comfortable stop. If 15 sets feels good, cool. If more feels good, cool.

Of course, I could re-test, but I only tested the 20s around two or three weeks ago, and they were a 3RM. Maybe I could have gotten a fourth rep, but it didn't feel like a sure thing.

I continue to enjoy these sessions. I dig the system's flexibility and the inspiration I gain from it.

Just in case you're interested in the Book, Today It is on sale for HALF OFF.

View attachment 21219

Picked it up last week and began using the ideas... Anyone running this with primarily doubles?
Love the intuitive feel... Light medium heavy, short medium long, with a variety of movements and work rest periods. Feels like a great long term training plan.

Picked it up last week and began using the ideas... Anyone running this with primarily doubles?
Love the intuitive feel... Light medium heavy, short medium long, with a variety of movements and work rest periods. Feels like a great long term training plan.
I have been rotating them in more frequently but I always keep the single bell work in the mix.

Well, on a whim, after looking at my equipment, reviewing the dice rolling section in the book, and thinking about my experience so far, here's what I've come up with for the next 12 weeks.

Rolled the dice ahead of time.
We'll see how this goes.
Caveat: All 40kg presses are Push Presses ad lib.

1684158304883.png

Question: if one did Iron Cardio and Q&D 044 in a 2+2 format weekly, which should go on the first day?

For example: Monday IC/Tuesday Q&D, Thursday IC/Friday Q&D (or vice versa).

Or does it come down to preference? I know power comes before strength in the same session, but I don’t know if it matters when they are on different days.

I would do

MTWTFSS
Q&DICRestQ&DICCardioRest

Freshness for snatches is a very good thing.
Agreed!

If you were doing Q&D 033 (pushups/swings), you could do it anyway you want.

In an email exchange, Pavel said to do 033 in the evening the day before a strength session for maximum power and in the morning (fasted) for health and longevity.

It also works as a warm-up for a strength session.

QUICK REVIEW:

I just did 4 weeks of IC.
I made some tests yesterday. I pressed the 36kg (80 lbs) for the first time of my life. I weigh 83 kg (183 lbs).
The squat has never been so easy, the pattern is well greased. But I lost a bit of strength nonetheless.
Conditioning definitely went up. Overall, I felt really good, no pain or aches.

Well, on a whim, after looking at my equipment, reviewing the dice rolling section in the book, and thinking about my experience so far, here's what I've come up with for the next 12 weeks.

Rolled the dice ahead of time.
We'll see how this goes.
Caveat: All 40kg presses are Push Presses ad lib.

View attachment 21365
This looks great! I like how you've integrated both time and reps in the same dice roll.

Well done Matt.
QUICK REVIEW:

I just did 4 weeks of IC.
I made some tests yesterday. I pressed the 36kg (80 lbs) for the first time of my life. I weigh 83 kg (183 lbs).
The squat has never been so easy, the pattern is well greased. But I lost a bit of strength nonetheless.
Conditioning definitely went up. Overall, I felt really good, no pain or aches

Does anyone see anything wrong with going for a ruck after one of my IC sessions each week? I admit that I haven't tried it yet.

I've been rucking in the spirit of Al Ciampa's rucking article here on SF for a few weeks, and I enjoy it. It would just be nice to get them both done on one of my weekend days.

Does anyone see anything wrong with going for a ruck after one of my IC sessions each week? I admit that I haven't tried it yet.

I've been rucking in the spirit of Al Ciampa's rucking article here on SF for a few weeks, and I enjoy it. It would just be nice to get them both done on one of my weekend days.
I see nothing wrong with it... I frequently go on long brisk walks post training, not sure why an extra 25+ lbs would negatively impact it

Back
Top Bottom