all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Iron Cardio

Does anyone see anything wrong with going for a ruck after one of my IC sessions each week? I admit that I haven't tried it yet.

I've been rucking in the spirit of Al Ciampa's rucking article here on SF for a few weeks, and I enjoy it. It would just be nice to get them both done on one of my weekend days.
Nope, no problem.

I
Agreed!

If you were doing Q&D 033 (pushups/swings), you could do it anyway you want.

In an email exchange, Pavel said to do 033 in the evening the day before a strength session for maximum power and in the morning (fasted) for health and longevity.

It also works as a warm-up for a strength session.
Im liking the look of this! Just wondering if instead of the cardio day could you do A+A Snatching

Would doing dead stop snatches be alright if there are issues transitioning from squat pattern to hinge? My lower back is not having it when using doubles

Would doing dead stop snatches be alright if there are issues transitioning from squat pattern to hinge? My lower back is not having it when using doubles
There are a few options:
Don't add the snatch

Snatch first then pull to rack > reclean and press and squat

It is rare for the squat stance to be the double clean or double snatch stance so the issue may be more related to adjusting the stance after the squat to support the snatch

Without seeing your technique it is difficult to say

There are a few options:
Don't add the snatch

Snatch first then pull to rack > reclean and press and squat

It is rare for the squat stance to be the double clean or double snatch stance so the issue may be more related to adjusting the stance after the squat to support the snatch

Without seeing your technique it is difficult to say
I'm setting up with a wide enough stance to clean, and am not adjusting my stance for squat, which if I understand you could be the problem. Im guessing the wide squat stance over time has led to some extra fatigue that is making the transition more and more difficult. Good suggestions, first one seems best for now.

I just did a session and moved my feet in for the squats and it felt super easy, more balanced and more forgiving. 10/10 will do again.
I recently saw an article (was it here on SF?) about "locking and rocking" to set your foot angle on the squat. So, I've tried that for a couple or few weeks. Holy moly, it's like a whole different world. I love it. Naturally, as I'm working with doubles for the time being, I narrow my stance before the lock and rock.

Just in case anyone's interested - another deal on IRON CARDIO today

1685460529769.png

I am just coming off four months of hypertrophy focused double KB work. After being a little weakened from another Covid infection, and trying to cut weight, I craved a change. Today I tried my first IC session and like it a lot. The single arm Front Squats felt a bit weird, but overall it was a nice, rhythmic session.

Never having to struggle, never hyping, just rhythmic blue collar type work. Very interesting feeling! I like the vibe.

My idea is to do a block of alternating IC with KBSF LCCJ work (and doing the latter more freely, similar to IC, changing weights and patterns every session).

Just in case anyone's interested - another deal on IRON CARDIO today

View attachment 21535
FANEMAIL51 or FANEMAIL50 will get you another 51 or 50% off!

That's how I got mine. ;)

I am just coming off four months of hypertrophy focused double KB work. After being a little weakened from another Covid infection, and trying to cut weight, I craved a change. Today I tried my first IC session and like it a lot. The single arm Front Squats felt a bit weird, but overall it was a nice, rhythmic session.

Never having to struggle, never hyping, just rhythmic blue collar type work. Very interesting feeling! I like the vibe.

My idea is to do a block of alternating IC with KBSF LCCJ work (and doing the latter more freely, similar to IC, changing weights and patterns every session).
A very similar feeling to what I had. I've noticed that IC gets boring over time, at least for me. I remember that Pavel emphasized that you should lift heavy or fast. Tried LCCJ several times - it's a completely different feeling.

A very similar feeling to what I had. I've noticed that IC gets boring over time, at least for me. I remember that Pavel emphasized that you should lift heavy or fast. Tried LCCJ several times - it's a completely different feeling.
Just an idea..

You actually can mix in the lccj with iron cardio principles..

The basic clean-press-squat combo is the basic (just had to emphasize) but once you're comfortable, you can explore various permutations and combinations..

The only thing that will be the limiting factor is your imagination

Does anyone see anything wrong with going for a ruck after one of my IC sessions each week? I admit that I haven't tried it yet.

I've been rucking in the spirit of Al Ciampa's rucking article here on SF for a few weeks, and I enjoy it. It would just be nice to get them both done on one of my weekend days.
@TrailNRG actually does his IC sessions after long bike rides/runs.

Back
Top Bottom