all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Iron Cardio

Okay read the book and watched the video.

Just off the top of my head I am thinking of this as a rough template

all 3 days would be 20 mins
One day Doubles
One day the base flow
One day the flow with the Snatch added
That would be after a few sets of Get Ups and various playing(movement prep,OS stuff) around for 20-30 minutes.

Does that sound about right?
Mike

Looks good

Hey @Brett Jones ! Bought the video and the e-book yesterday, great content. Quick question ... you referenced your "Riding the Wave" article from the SF site (Ride the Wave: How to Program for Progress | StrongFirst) ... does this section from the article mean to change both weight and volume from session to session (IC session, S&S session, etc.), or to change one or the other?

"Let’s say that you did 100 swings with a 32kg kettlebell on your heavy day. A classic mistake would be to repeat the same session over and over again, and another would be only dropping the weight or reps a little bit (or, indeed, keeping one the same). Instead, you’d want to change both the weight and/or volume by at least 20 percent for your medium day, and then again for the light day."
Sean,

It can be one or the other or both—look at the Avoiding the Traps section for a bit more detail.

I went through all 11 pages of this thread and thought I was buying the e-book similar to buying Built Strong on the Strong and Fit site as it is not totally clear. I was completely wrong, and the Strong and Fit version is videos only with about 4 pages of downloadable content. I absolutely loathe videos. Like I would prefer a 200-page book to any 10min video, and these videos are substantially longer. Is it possible to correct this, and swap out the videos for the book? I've only watched the Intro video?
As John K noted—please check with StrongandFit to see if you can get the refund for the video and switch to the ebook.

@Brett Jones
Quick question - when you go through the warm up on the video, you only stay in each position / movement for a few moments. Is this the tempo for your actual warm up, or are you moving faster than you usually would for the sake of brevity?

Thanks in advance

did my first session tonight. actually first time working out in months (health issues)
did 24 reps of clean press squat with a 28kg bell in 20 minutes. felt good to get back into it, the workout didn't kill me, heart rate got up slightly, got a bit of a sweat going, but im not feeling abused by it at all. i dont know if that weight and reps is respectable or anything, but its where i am at currently. i will keep at it, keep a journal, and try to make small progress adding reps, exercises, etc. along the way.

I bought Iron Cardio from a link on StrongFirst the other day. I got the PDF just fine. What I don't understand is several people here have referred to videos. Page 7 of the PDF includes hyperlinks to two YouTube videos (demonstrating the cheat clean, and fast & loose) but these are free on YouTube, and so I'm wondering if there was some other set of videos people are referring to?

I bought Iron Cardio from a link on StrongFirst the other day. I got the PDF just fine. What I don't understand is several people here have referred to videos. Page 7 of the PDF includes hyperlinks to two YouTube videos (demonstrating the cheat clean, and fast & loose) but these are free on YouTube, and so I'm wondering if there was some other set of videos people are referring to?
The full "iron cardio" video series is 4 videos. 2 are about 25 minutes long, the other 2 are about 55 minutes each.

Last edited:
Yes, videos for sale at Strong and Fit.

If I could only get one version to start with, Videos or E-Book. Which would be more beneficial to start with? Thank you, looking forward to start my journey with Iron Cardio

If I could only get one version to start with, Videos or E-Book. Which would be more beneficial to start with? Thank you, looking forward to start my journey with Iron Cardio
If I were inexperienced I'd probably benefit more from the videos.

If I were less experienced I'd benefit from the book without a guide.

Honestly I'm kinda in between, I benefit from both.

I've been training with Kettlebells for about 12 or 13 years, self taught, which ever one covers more of the meat and potatoes is what I'm looking for to start with, then get second part later

IF you don't need any technique tips or insights or mobility drills. GET THE BOOK.
That covers the programming and process.

That being SAID. The video was very good and clears up some stuff from the book too.

The book explains the concepts outstandingly, and I love the flexibility of the programming with the ability to gas it up exponentially here and there by super simple methods.

I could be wrong, but I take Iron Cardio to be the perfect in-between programming move from the baseline S+S type work to the 40-60min Strong Endurance work that I learned at the ATC seminar with extreme flexibility to work more toward strength or more toward work capacity building. Meaning if you were to program a longer periodization from strength to endurance work, I believe Iron Cardio would take you into the medium-higher end of Strong Endurance work as you move from training the overall system to more specific higher rep Strong Endurance extended efforts that built more vascularity in the periphery and lactic acid buffering capability.

Ex: Going from Base Iron Cardio (Clean+Press+Snatch) to Iron Cardio with moving targets, ladders, and +options to the ATC 8-10x Snatch OTM for an hour if you needed to specialize in endurance for a cycle for an upcoming race or whatnot, should theoretically be more seamless than say going from Q+D 044 to 40-60min high rep OTM Snatches.

I'd love to run it during my upcoming Built Strong cycle, but I'm limited to too light of bells until I get home

Just purchased the book and video - the discounts on the site are very generous.

Looking forward to watching, learning and adding the program to the rotation.

Back
Top Bottom