all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Iron Cardio

Mr Jones, I am 65 this is the first program I have purchased. Nicely done so clear and distinct. I may purchase the book as I have an interest in the heart aspect that I think you spoke about with Pat Flynn. My heart rates are in the 40 to 50’s range. I think because I am hypothyroid it makes for low energy. I don’t believe I have an athletes heart but it’s a possibility. Recently had a heart catheter done and was told my arteries are clean and to keep doing what you are doing. I am just saying and I promise that handcuffs will not pop out our your computer if you respond with a few words. As I get older I do think about lactic acidosis build up. Did you speak a little about the heart in you book?

Kind regards,
William

Just a qucik Q after reading the PDF.
I like it basic, minimalistic and easy to understand.
How does this looks like:

C&P+Squat.Pulup 3 times a week?

Is it enough to wave the time pr session(40-20-30min) og should i also wave the rep or how could i do it?
As Don said you can wave the time, weight, reps etc.

I would recommend varying the type of IC performed as well—traveling 2s, classic without pullups etc.

Mr Jones, I am 65 this is the first program I have purchased. Nicely done so clear and distinct. I may purchase the book as I have an interest in the heart aspect that I think you spoke about with Pat Flynn. My heart rates are in the 40 to 50’s range. I think because I am hypothyroid it makes for low energy. I don’t believe I have an athletes heart but it’s a possibility. Recently had a heart catheter done and was told my arteries are clean and to keep doing what you are doing. I am just saying and I promise that handcuffs will not pop out our your computer if you respond with a few words. As I get older I do think about lactic acidosis build up. Did you speak a little about the heart in you book?

Kind regards,
William
William,

In the book I talk about some of the issues surrounding "weight training" for cardio vascular training and how Iron Cardio avoids these issues but it is not a detailed or expansive section on the heart.

Can I just confirm I am counting the sets correctly?

Classic IC as example.
Do the complex on left side,
Rest,
Do the complex on the right side,
Rest
This would be classed as 2 sets right.

Only asking as I did my first session a few days ago & in 20 mins got alot less sets than I see posted on here.

Can I just confirm I am counting the sets correctly?

Classic IC as example.
Do the complex on left side,
Rest,
Do the complex on the right side,
Rest
This would be classed as 2 sets right.

Only asking as I did my first session a few days ago & in 20 mins got alot less sets than I see posted on here.
Yes , this is the way brett counts sets. I think of both left and right as a series composed of two sets.

I got 11 setsin 20 mins that seems quite low but I really did rest as much as I felt like.

Did clean, press, squat (2 reps), snatch.

I got 11 setsin 20 mins that seems quite low but I really did rest as much as I felt like.

I wouldn't worry about it. Don't chase the clock or chase the numbers. Look at it over the long haul by keeping a log - but not trying to beat anything on a day to day basis.

Cearball,

As Mike said—don't worry and let the process unfold naturally.

I would recommend doing the Classic Iron Cardio (clean + press + squat) to set a baseline and do (clean + press + squat + snatch) to set a baseline (without the double on the squat etc.).

With those numbers you will have baselines you can use to monitor progress and intensity over time.

I played around with adding the snatch a few sessions ago. As mentioned in the book, it is absolutely an "exponential" change. Last night, I played with Traveling 2s. That felt like a much more manageable set, for me.

I'm enjoying the freedom of this system. One thing still bugs me: properly adding waviness feels rather subjective. But then again, maybe that's a feature. There are many facets to the hardness of a session. And a session that feels easy one day might feel hard on a different day and under different circumstances.

I did what I meant to be a hard session of 60 sets with Classic IC last week. It took me around 45 minutes, but it felt only moderately hard. Yesterday's Traveling 2s was programmed to be easier. I planned that by cutting the NL. The total volume was lower, by design. But the density was much higher. That said, it felt reasonably easy to moderate, so I think I'm on the right track.

Any thoughts?

Cearball,

As Mike said—don't worry and let the process unfold naturally.

I would recommend doing the Classic Iron Cardio (clean + press + squat) to set a baseline and do (clean + press + squat + snatch) to set a baseline (without the double on the squat etc.).

With those numbers you will have baselines you can use to monitor progress and intensity over time.

I have set up a dice role template the classic is in there with no extra reps .
However do you think I should just do the base template for 20 mins initially for say 6 workouts to get the feel?
Thanks

However do you think I should just do the base template for 20 mins initially for say 6 workouts to get the feel?
Thanks
I did heavy/light/medium/mediumheavy-ladder/light-hard/mediumheavy-ladder/medium/light-hard and am probably going to do lightmediumheavy-ladder to keep the time/volume high. Week 4 I'm doing medium/heavy/light simple with much lower time, 20/30/10 or so then ramp back up. I'm planning on waving over a 4 week cycle. 2 weeks hard, 2 weeks medium/easy. Let that endocrine system recharge. I'm seeing big improvements in recovery between sets already. I'll need to buy another 36kg for another double to play with

Iron Cardio at Strong and Fit site coupon discounts are up. Nov. 4 US time zones.

There is a 40% off coupon at the site today. When I bought Iron Cardio, it gave me an additional time limited 80 percent off for a second purchase, and a referral coupon anyone can use below. I got Iron Cardio ebook and Kettlebells Strongfirst (the course promoted to BJJ) for 38 dollars total today.

Iron Cardio Video course
Iron Cardio by Brett Jones

However, upon checking further, I think if you are buying only the Iron Cardio ebook, it could be better to buy from Brett Direct at his site as I am sure he would get a better cut.

Referral code

I played around with adding the snatch a few sessions ago. As mentioned in the book, it is absolutely an "exponential" change. Last night, I played with Traveling 2s. That felt like a much more manageable set, for me.

I'm enjoying the freedom of this system. One thing still bugs me: properly adding waviness feels rather subjective. But then again, maybe that's a feature. There are many facets to the hardness of a session. And a session that feels easy one day might feel hard on a different day and under different circumstances.

I did what I meant to be a hard session of 60 sets with Classic IC last week. It took me around 45 minutes, but it felt only moderately hard. Yesterday's Traveling 2s was programmed to be easier. I planned that by cutting the NL. The total volume was lower, by design. But the density was much higher. That said, it felt reasonably easy to moderate, so I think I'm on the right track.

Any thoughts?
Erik,

You are on the right track. It takes some time to really establish what will be easy, med, hard sessions.

Thanks
Cearball,

Yes—I would run the variations I noted for a few weeks (choose one each session and see what the results are) and get a baseline before too much variation.

I did heavy/light/medium/mediumheavy-ladder/light-hard/mediumheavy-ladder/medium/light-hard and am probably going to do lightmediumheavy-ladder to keep the time/volume high. Week 4 I'm doing medium/heavy/light simple with much lower time, 20/30/10 or so then ramp back up. I'm planning on waving over a 4 week cycle. 2 weeks hard, 2 weeks medium/easy. Let that endocrine system recharge. I'm seeing big improvements in recovery between sets already. I'll need to buy another 36kg for another double to play with
Looks good

Iron Cardio at Strong and Fit site coupon discounts are up. Nov. 4 US time zones.

There is a 40% off coupon at the site today. When I bought Iron Cardio, it gave me an additional time limited 80 percent off for a second purchase, and a referral coupon anyone can use below. I got Iron Cardio ebook and Kettlebells Strongfirst (the course promoted to BJJ) for 38 dollars total today.

Iron Cardio Video course
Iron Cardio by Brett Jones

However, upon checking further, I think if you are buying only the Iron Cardio ebook, it could be better to buy from Brett Direct at his site as I am sure he would get a better cut.

Referral code

guardian7,

StrongandFit runs some great specials—thank you for posting.

You can get the book here through my "site": IRON CARDIO

Thanks for the Iron Cardio program. I'm digging back from similar medical hole as Mr. Jones.
"Don't chase the clock or chase the numbers." - finding this to be key. I'm tracking but I'm not trying to rush. Feeling stronger after just a few weeks.
Wishing you every success in your training and recovery

Back
Top Bottom