all posts post new thread

Bodyweight "Iron Wolf, Zero Gravity and Burpees/Bodyweight Training"

Yup the Wolf is the man. I was doing his stuff last summer. Definitely something I keep going back to.

What is the purpose of the thing where Iron Wolf pushes his hips forward and taps hips/abs with his fists before a new rep? I asked on his IG page and was never answered. People who follow his workouts do it too?

What is the purpose of the thing where Iron Wolf pushes his hips forward and taps hips/abs with his fists before a new rep? I asked on his IG page and was never answered. People who follow his workouts do it too?
I think it’s just purely to look good mate. I know I felt badass doing it. Lol

There are quite a few burpees youtubers and it has developed a pretty big following. This is Moses Cuevas.

That was pretty fun. He keeps his pushups solid and does fast and loose in between each cluster.

Hi guys

First off Pet, thank you for sharing my content. Greatly appreciated

I’ve been concentrating mostly on burpee and bodyweight training for the last couple of years. It has been life changing.

And yes Kev, I’m a big fan of the Iron Wolf. He changed the game for me and with his guidance, via YouTube, led me to the most profound results I have ever experienced in all my years of training

I'm pretty sure all IronWolf workouts are highly glycolytic/lactic. It would be the opposite of what is adviced on this forum.

Hello @strongandconditioned

Did you notice a transfer from your burpee routines to any kind of weightlifting or endurance endeavour ?

Usually, do you perform them on a daily basis, regardless the variation and duration ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @strongandconditioned

Did you notice a transfer from your burpee routines to any kind of weightlifting or endurance endeavour ?

Usually, do you perform them on a daily basis, regardless the variation and duration ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

To be honest, I had no prior experience in the endurance field other than running a base building block from Tactical Barbell. In saying that, I could never have done 100 burpees for example, during that time.

I can easily go for a 45-60 minute run at a good pace at the drop of a hat. 2 years ago, that would have been impossible.

I rarely train weights now however I hit 100kg on the bench a few weeks ago. I believe the high volume of push ups I do has maintained or possibly increased my pushing strength.

My RHR is currently in the high 40s even though I rarely train in the aerobic zone. However in saying that i have to hit in excess of, say 75 burpees to get my HR above 150.

I try and perform burpees daily. Usually 100 minimum, alternating between 1-5 pumps, navy seals and prisoner burpees. I also do a lot of CVP (cardiovascular punishment) routines which are basically bodyweight circuit style routines performed at an intense pace.

Hopefully this helps brother!

Back
Top Bottom