all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Is doing Zecher squats and kettlebell swings too much?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Vulcan300

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello all,

I'm currently doing the 50/20 Bryce Lane program with two days of dumbbell clean and press and two days of sandbag Zecher squats. I also do two days of 100 kettlebell swings and two days of Hindu burpees (without a jump). I've been working out for the past month after about 2 and a half months of not exercising due to a tailbone injury and I've been feeling a little sore/tight in my upper back. Both Zercher squats and swings work the upper back so I'm wondering if it's a bit redundant to include both in a program? Should I remove swings or switch to a different squat variation (I'm thinking shoulder or bear hug squats)?

I think you'll adapt.

I do a pretty high volume of some type of upper back work or another (snatch, jerk, front squat, pulls, BTN presses, etc) every single time I train, and start with a Crossover Symmetry band routine every time, too.

Upper back can handle a lot of volume on a regular basis once you work up to it.

I would think Zercher Squats work the quads and abs. And Swings work the lower back and hamstrings. I do NOT think its too much. I think doing heavy Swings and Deadlifts might be too much.

Back
Top Bottom