all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Is double 24kg C & J sufficient for decent strength?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Opiaswing

Level 5 Valued Member
I should note I'm not looking for max strength as I get that from other means, but am looking to add some variety to my workouts and hopefully benefit from more overhead work without having to commit to progressing the movement - more for novelty and a few gains.

I can c&j double 24s for a good 8-10 reps per set without any prior practise and was wondering if i could benefit from just using this manageable weight regularly without too much intention to move up in weight?

funds are tight and two 24s are half the price of the 28s otherwise I'd go for that

I can c&j double 24s for a good 8-10 reps per set without any prior practise and was wondering if i could benefit from just using this manageable weight regularly without too much intention to move up in weight?
Very much so! There are several programs off the top of my head that allow you to use a 10RM for the LCCJ to improve strength, hypertropthy, strength-endurance.

You’ll get a ton of mileage out of a pair of 24s, though a 28kg bell is very versatile for most post-beginner men. It’s heavy enough (~1/3 bodyweight) for powerful swings, not too heavy for push press, heavy enough for suitcase or goblet carry, etc. I consolidated my bells last year after acquiring one (then a second) Kettlebell Kings adjustable competition bell, but deliberately kept my 28kg bell.

I should note I'm not looking for max strength as I get that from other means, but am looking to add some variety to my workouts and hopefully benefit from more overhead work without having to commit to progressing the movement - more for novelty and a few gains.

funds are tight and two 24s are half the price of the 28s otherwise I'd go for that
You should try Kettlebell Strong with Clean and Press. It would be a good way to get stronger in the press, I believe. If you can already press the 2x24, then maybe try Giant ?

Always good to have a pair of 24's around. Very versatile.

The only pair of bells I have is 2x24. After I did ETK with a single 24kg bell, I did ETK with double bells before moving up to the 32kg bell.

And then I put them aside because the only other double programs that I knew of were ROTK (I wasn't ready for it) and Fast Tens (2x24kg was too heavy for me). One day I'd love to pick them up again and do some of these awesome double bell programs that people keep raving about.

I'm currently doing the Total Tension Complex and using 24s for the press days (I'm doing C+P) and 28s for the squat days. I needed to go a little heavier on the squats.

That said:

$48 per 28kg bell. I bought a pair a few weeks back and they're great.

Last edited:
Double 24s never get old IMO. I was working double 32s for months in the Giant but recently had to take a break and I’m back now working double 24s to ease back into C P.

Even though I’m capable of pressing, swinging, snatching, and cleaning heavier bells I often use the 24s as a solid working weight that’s not gonna beat me up too bad.

I'm currently doing the Total Tension Complex and using 24s for the press days (I'm doing C+P) and 28s for the squat days. I needed to go a little heavier on the squats.

That said:

$48 per 28kg bell. I bought a pair a few weeks back and they're great.
That’s a great price. They might not be premium quality but they look decent and at that price why not?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom