all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Is it just me...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Shahaf Levin I agree 100%. And like I said, I question some of Seedman's conclusions in other articles so his Jedi mind tricks of using sciencey words and the Ph.D. after his name have no affect on me.

PTTP curls are the only way to go. I guess I would call it a Hardstyle curl. I particularly like Pavel's cue of pull the bar down with the triceps. Flexing them at the bottom.

Oh come on, that's completely relative. I recently showed a friend of mine that Karen Smith article on Hanging Leg Raises, with the 5+ progressions and accessory work, and my friend was like "dude it's just a hanging leg raise. Just do them". While I thought the article was comprehensive and I appreciate it, for him it was almost like it was unnecessarily long just to become an article.

T-nation has been releasing a free article every work day, for about the past 15 years. That's around 3900 articles total, not including their "Tips" section recently added. The point is not to make each article the most relevant thing for the most amount of people (like SF might) but to appeal to the wide variety of interests in the lifting world. And while I 100% agree sometimes the articles are overly technical unnecessarily, I realize there's a small niche audience that was JUST NOW looking to spice up their curl work, and wanted to learn a bit more about the variations.

If you're looking for more "practical" articles, then just look into Christian Thibedeau's or Shugart's articles. Or heck, even Dan John's ones (since he's featured from time to time as well).

Anyways, not their greatest article, I agree.

Haha - well yes for some it will be a very long and overly technical article for a skill they may already have, however from teaching the SFB course and cert you would be surprise at how difficult the HLR is for many people, especially to our standards. Those that want to treat them as Toes to Bar (kipping style might find them super simple. I honestly would prefer to write shorter articles, but there are all level of fitness and some people need the progressions. The goal of my articles is to help each person assess their current level in said movement then have plenty of progression to work thru and continue to progress and get stronger, and move better :)

Haha - well yes for some it will be a very long and overly technical article for a skill they may already have, however from teaching the SFB course and cert you would be surprise at how difficult the HLR is for many people, especially to our standards. Those that want to treat them as Toes to Bar (kipping style might find them super simple. I honestly would prefer to write shorter articles, but there are all level of fitness and some people need the progressions. The goal of my articles is to help each person assess their current level in said movement then have plenty of progression to work thru and continue to progress and get stronger, and move better :)
Karen, I completely understand. I appreciate how comprehensive the article is, and how novel it is (I haven't seen a whole lot of that kind of material).

My point was merely to say that things are different based on who you are, and your goals. And it's important to respect other's opinions even when we don't share them. I think it's good to understand who the audience is intended to be, that's all :)

Karen, I completely understand. I appreciate how comprehensive the article is, and how novel it is (I haven't seen a whole lot of that kind of material).

My point was merely to say that things are different based on who you are, and your goals. And it's important to respect other's opinions even when we don't share them. I think it's good to understand who the audience is intended to be, that's all :)

Absolutely and I agree, was is easy for some is very difficult for others and vice versa. :) Thank you, always here if you should ever have any questions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom