all posts post new thread

Nutrition Is it just me?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
As long as you have your veggies you needn't think about having your fruits. Veggies are more important!

I get plenty of veggie for the mineral and vitamin content mostly, but for energy levels fruit is invaluable - also has important micronutrients. It runs counter to a lot of the low carb lifestyle diet practiced by many on the forum, but I am NOT low carb by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not talking about gorging or anything, but I get a serving with breakfast and lunch, and another between lunch and dinner. On training days I slip in another between breakfast and lunch.

Especially that I train glycolytic more than 50% of my training, fruit is extremely important for my energy levels. Even without training hard, if I feel run down all I have to do is count back to my last serving of fruit. For straight up feel-good energy it is better than coffee, and coming from me that's saying plenty.

I get plenty of veggie for the mineral and vitamin content mostly, but for energy levels fruit is invaluable - also has important micronutrients. It runs counter to a lot of the low carb lifestyle diet practiced by many on the forum, but I am NOT low carb by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not talking about gorging or anything, but I get a serving with breakfast and lunch, and another between lunch and dinner. On training days I slip in another between breakfast and lunch.

Especially that I train glycolytic more than 50% of my training, fruit is extremely important for my energy levels. Even without training hard, if I feel run down all I have to do is count back to my last serving of fruit. For straight up feel-good energy it is better than coffee, and coming from me that's saying plenty.
Oh, do not get me wrong, I saw your point. Nutritionwise veggies trump out fruits. Regarding the energy I would not contradict here. I am not about low carb, love fruits as my main source for that macro.

Don't need to go far, let me just give you an example from yesterday. Somehow I missed my breakfast yesterday. When it's noon I felt my hunger is talking with me. Then I literally ate about 3 KG foods (I'm only 47 KG by the way). There were 3 or 4 kinds of fruits, some sweets, rice, 2 kinds of meat... As I was on my desert, I was thinking "I think I should start to eat again".

Oh, do not get me wrong, I saw your point. Nutritionwise veggies trump out fruits. Regarding the energy I would not contradict here. I am not about low carb, love fruits as my main source for that macro.

Me too

I've eaten most my calories from fruit for the last 2.5 years. Also tons of veggies, but they dont have as much calories. I've eaten more than 6 Kg of fruit and veggies on a single day. So yeah I love fruit

I've eaten most my calories from fruit for the last 2.5 years. Also tons of veggies, but they dont have as much calories. I've eaten more than 6 Kg of fruit and veggies on a single day. So yeah I love fruit
But fruit contains a lot of sugar...think of your liver!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom