all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Is it wrong to keep your feet pointed straight ahead instead of turned out for ballistics and squats?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I remember Kennith Jay had strong opinions on this as well.
Yes, he did. He believed turning your feet out screwed up the gait cycle.

I also seem to remember @Geoff Neupert referring to his feet straight forward stance as something to do with his hips being awesomely strong/ advanced technique from Oly lifting/ something along those lines and most people shouldn't do it. I think it was in one of the kettlebell burn extreme "watch me workout" videos.
It was actually quite the opposite: I point my feet straight ahead because I'd torn the labrum in both my hips and this keeps me asymptomatic, and more stable. Furthermore, my kneecaps naturally track laterally (shallow trochlear groove, lateral sides), so pointing them out irritates my IT bands and my knees in general.

I used to point my feet out to about between 15 and 30 degrees, and my right one would always externally rotate more throughout the set.

Yes, he did. He believed turning your feet out screwed up the gait cycle.

It was actually quite the opposite: I point my feet straight ahead because I'd torn the labrum in both my hips and this keeps me asymptomatic, and more stable. Furthermore, my kneecaps naturally track laterally (shallow trochlear groove, lateral sides), so pointing them out irritates my IT bands and my knees in general.

I used to point my feet out to about between 15 and 30 degrees, and my right one would always externally rotate more throughout the set.

My right foot does the extra turnout throughout the set of I don't really focus.
Is it different shaped hips that cause it?

I can clean with my feet pointing forward at the start, but by the time the bells gets in the rack position they’re usually pointed back out a little bit haha

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom