all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Is my kettlebell for TGU?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mrt

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi , I'm 46 male. Used to do some random but regular workout with resistance bands etc. And doing other sports such as tennis for years now. I started Simple and Sinister 7 months ago. I started with 12 kg and moved to 16 kg 15 days later. At the 5th month I was doing 24 Kg both TGU and Swings at the set timeframes (I worked out 6 days a week). I then tried 32 which was very difficult to me. I added 32 kg one TGU to my routine and sometimes 1 swing. Now I start with 24 kg one set TGU followed by 3-4 32 kg but I'm resting 2-3 min between sets. And I alternate that with 24 kg TGU + 2-3 32 Kg swings. Meaning I either load 32 with TGU or Swing not both because I feel very tired afterwards. I noticed when I moved to 32 that handle is considerably bigger than my 24 kg. bell. I continue the workouts but I 'd like to ask if the handle is suitable for the 32 TGU? I feel like my 24 kg SMALLER and THIN handle is more stable. I'd like to ask your valuable opinion. Thank you very much for your support and very happy to be a part of this community. :)

Handle diameter goes up with bell size unless you get competition bells. Grip strength becomes a factor, more for seings that get ups in my experience though. Try holding the bell diagonally across your palm into your thumb crotch. This way it’s being held there and grip shouldn’t be an issue, I know I can do them fingers open this way.

It took me a while to get used to 32kg get-ups on my RHS, get a bit of elbow pain and was very unsteady to start with. Check out this article and see if you can adjust the set up.

The other big help for me was using wrist bands to protect from the pressure with the heavier KB. Once I got steady for 1 rep each side (which took about 8 weeks of singles) I progressed quickly to 4 each side which I’m at now and they feel super solid.

As you go up each size, you will have to make micro adjustments to your getup..

Various molds even if same weight often require micro adjustments as well

Handle diameter goes up with bell size unless you get competition bells. Grip strength becomes a factor, more for seings that get ups in my experience though. Try holding the bell diagonally across your palm into your thumb crotch. This way it’s being held there and grip shouldn’t be an issue, I know I can do them fingers open this way.
Thank you Larry it is very kind of you to reply my message.

It took me a while to get used to 32kg get-ups on my RHS, get a bit of elbow pain and was very unsteady to start with. Check out this article and see if you can adjust the set up.

The other big help for me was using wrist bands to protect from the pressure with the heavier KB. Once I got steady for 1 rep each side (which took about 8 weeks of singles) I progressed quickly to 4 each side which I’m at now and they feel super solid.
Thank you very much Conrad I'll definitely take a look. Kind Regards
As you go up each size, you will have to make micro adjustments to your getup..

Various molds even if same weight often require micro adjustments as well
Thank you Mark for your valuable comment.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom