all posts post new thread

Barbell Is pttp a peaking or keeping program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

macknumber9

Level 1 Valued Member
I hope it's a keeping program...I personally came off of a low frequency blitz and rest model of focusing more on rest/recovery then training/practice...I got 165 for 3 on incline bench...weaker than my all time PR...after running a pttp cycle I'm already past that...i just did 165 for 5 today with probably 1 more rep in me...all while eating at a calorie deficit...so this feels great...i just hope this isn't a peaking program...i want it to be a keeping program...i have no plans of stopping but I just want strength that stays with me...

I believe in milking as many gains as I can get with this introducing different cycle models (linear wave step etc) and than when i plateau work more on hypertrophy with more calories/rest factored in...then reap benefits from that and come back...

I believe neural strength gains are long but hypertrophy can also help to get neurally stronger as well by allowing you to handle more volume so it better at handling fatigue allowing more neural gains to continue.. sorry for the rambling...im just really into this stuff!

No program works forever, but many people have had good, long runs on PTTP. Congratulations on your progress, @macknumber9, and welcome to the StrongFirst forum. Don't forget the Bear option in the PTTP book if you're looking for hypertrophy and strength together.

-S-

When PTTP stops working, switch to PTTP 2.0... (See this thread: Tsc template)

Close enough to PTTP for familiarity. Different enough from PTTP to produce more gains...

Hello,

Otherwise, PttP also gives different progressions : linear and waving.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom