all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Is the 24kg the best all rounder weigh

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hard one to answer. Average joe could be big and tall, in which case probably not quite enough. For a 5 nothing average mary, will be probably too much for most lifts.

I think its person dependent... if you take the "average" sized male I would say for most grinds, 24s are fine... however, I'm finding my 28s are probably my most used bells. I'm only 5'10 and between 185-190lbs (about 12-14% bf)

Only thing I really use my 24s for is double snatches, get ups to warmup for my training, and windmills....

I’ve found as I’ve gotten stronger, the best all arounder bell (eg the one I use the most) has gotten larger. So it kinda depends where you are In your training journey... and how you train too... and your goals... And if you’re male/female... and how old you are...

Well I guess the answer is it depends...

Hello,

It depends. If you are a strongly built guy, probabaly not that much.

RoP with 24 is serious. S&S with 24 may be 'light' (but again, depends on why you perform it)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Depends what you do with it. Presses and snatches? The 24 is probably heavy enough for most adult males. For swings and getups it's the 32kg bell.

I'd answer a cautious "yes" to your question though. If you're talking about "average Joe"-edness, then a 24 is likely enough. But getting beyond averageness is a lot easier with a 32kg bell.

Avarage joe is 'weak' so 24 can be too much :p

Yea 24 is a bell you will probably use most.

For reference, unless you qualify for the age/weight category where you test with a 20kg, the 24kg is the standard test size bell for the SFG1 and most SFGII skills..

Passing an SFG/SFGII puts you in the not weak category...

Don't forget that strength is not limited by what bell size you train with, or how much you can lift. Strength is an attitude, a mindset a choice, a way of life

Is the 24kg the best all rounder for the average joe looking to get fit and strong

That is like want to know the best all around Dumbbell to buy to perform all your exercises with. It is going to be too light from some exercise and too heavy for others.

While you don't need the same 5 lb increments for Kettlebells that you do for Dumbbells, you definitely need more than one size.

With that said, start with one Kettlebell size and then add to it.

For safety's sake it's probably better to start with a 16kg kettlebell, which you can return to when sore, recovering from injuries etc. The 24kg bell you will likely always use - it's generally good just about anything. The 32kg bell is about as high as I need although I do some things with the 40kg. I'm 100kg 6ft1.5

For safety's sake it's probably better to start with a 16kg kettlebell, which you can return to when sore, recovering from injuries etc. The 24kg bell you will likely always use - it's generally good just about anything. The 32kg bell is about as high as I need although I do some things with the 40kg. I'm 100kg 6ft1.5

It's also good you put more context

The funny thing is I thought I was done with the 16kg bell, and I was even thinking of giving it away. Then I hurt my right shoulder doing a one arm chinup, and after a few months the 16kg was absolutely critical to being able to restart my weight training!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom