all posts post new thread

It ain't much, but its honest work

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Program: KB STRONG! Slow&Steady
Workout 17 (18. 11. 2020)
Mov Prep: Goblet Squat 3x5 + OS Rocking to Tactical Frog +Get Up - 3x5 24kg
Double Clean&Press - 6x5 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Rows - 6x10 - neutral grip

Workout 18 (20. 11. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x4 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Rows - 10x4 - neutral grip

Workout 19 (23. 11. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x43 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Face Pulls - 10x3 -

Workout 19 (25. 11. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 7x5 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Rows - 7x10

Workout 21 (27. 11. 2020) -
Double Clean&Press - 10x4 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Rows - 10x10

Early morning training (from 6AM to 6:50M and then two classes with friends (clients)
Glad to be back in the gym, feels good man

Workout 22 (30. 11. 2020) -
Double Clean&Press - 10x3 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
Chin Up - 10x3

Workout 23 (2. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 8x5 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TRX Rows - 8x8

Workout 24 (4. 12. 2020)
Mov Prep: Various drill from Flexible Steel
Paired with
TRX Rows - 10x8 - Underhand Grip

Ad Clean&Press - Started to focusing more on rooting the feet into the ground and external rotation in the hips. Combined with emhpasis on pushing the feet through the ground = instant improvement :)
Props to Mr. @Geoff Neupert for reminding (via news letter) me of the importance of rooting and pushing through the ground.

Last edited:
Workout 24 (7. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x3 with double 24s (dead stop clean and then press each time)
Paired with
TPU - 10x3

Half way through.

9x5 of C&P Tommorow.

Watching plenty of videos of double press by @Geoff Neupert @Mark Limbaga and @Harald Motz
Starting to think that, Clean&Press is the ultimate minimalist movement :)

Workout 25 (9. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 9x5 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Face Pulls - 9x5

This one was tough.

Workout 26 (11 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x4 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Supinated rows - 9x5

Workout 27 (14 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x3 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Supinated rows - 10x3

Workout 27 (16. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 10x5 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Face Pulls Rows - 10x5

Well well, looks like lockdown again, we shall see.

Workout 29 (18. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 5x6 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Underhand Grip Row- 5x10

Thats a wrap for week 10, 6 more to go.

However, from 29. December to 10. January I will be away for "holidays" i.e. not gonna bring two 24s with me - travelling rule says one bell, so it is gonna be my new 28 :).
So I am facing subsequent question. Run the 11th week through next week and then test the RM for 2x24 or, test monday and then just enjoy Christmass Season and do some random acts of variety.

I would like to ask you gentlemen @Mark Limbaga and @Geoff Neupert for advice or anyone willing to give advice. Much Appreciated ! :)

Workout 29 (18. 12. 2020)
Double Clean&Press - 5x6 with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - swapped dead stop cleans for regular cleans.
Paired with
TRX Underhand Grip Row- 5x10

Thats a wrap for week 10, 6 more to go.

However, from 29. December to 10. January I will be away for "holidays" i.e. not gonna bring two 24s with me - travelling rule says one bell, so it is gonna be my new 28 :).
So I am facing subsequent question. Run the 11th week through next week and then test the RM for 2x24 or, test monday and then just enjoy Christmass Season and do some random acts of variety.

I would like to ask you gentlemen @Mark Limbaga and @Geoff Neupert for advice or anyone willing to give advice. Much Appreciated ! :)
@Shadow - I'd test Monday, then enjoy the Christmas Season, then come back and hit it again.

Thanks for the reply. Havent tried RM with 28bell for single arm press. Would suggest def 5+ reps for both arms. I can press 36 multiple times for both arms GTG style.

I'd do some easy single bell work with the 28 (probably 1,2,3 ladders)

Workout 30 (21. 12. 2020)
Test Day - Double Clean&Press - with double 24s (clean and then press each time) - Managed to get 12 reps.
First seven nice and smooth, seven to ten "comfortable struggle, eleven to twelve "here comes the pain" ( tested with (sic) playing in background.

Thanks @Mark Limbaga and @Geoff Neupert for the advice. Gonna take the next week off of net and enjoy the holiday season as much as I can.

I have one question - would it be possible to swap Double Clean and Press for Double Military Press and do some swings on the two off days as suggested in the book - I am referecing the part in KB STRONG! where Mr. Neupert talks about combining the KB STRONG! and The One Program.

You can if you want. I sent you a PM on the 'gram

It may be more beneficial to help you stay on track

You can if you want. I sent you a PM on the 'gram

It may be more beneficial to help you stay on track
Thank you !

So as per Mr. Limabagas suggestion I will continue the STRONG! Templete with Pike Push Ups for the next two to three weeks and then go back again for STRONG! from the week ten when I am back home with bells.

I will start tomorow with week 9 template (10x3, 9x5, 10x4). In the next few weeks I will have acces to "only" my 28kg Bell, TRX, some bands and light adjustble dumbbells. The dumbbells are oldschool (90s era) and will be used mainly for rowing, mobility drills and weighted dead bugs.

Program: KB STRONG! Intermezzo
Workout 31
Move Prep:
Hindu Squats, Hind Push Ups, Split Squats, Sit Outs, Heels Elevated Glute Bridges - Huge Shout-Out to @Gusep . In the last few weeks I attended online courses for bodyweight training by KB5 Gym Bratislava. The info and teaching was top notch, as always. I am honored to be part of the team.
Main exercices: Pike Push Up - 10x3
Paired with
TRX Bodyweight row - 10x5

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom