all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Jerrycan/fuel canister for Farmer Carries

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I just had to register to strongfirst in order to answer. :)

However, I have a set of jerrys already. They are 20 litres and the set weighs now 150kg. In each jerry I have 75kg steel sand. That 150kg/pair I can promise you right away.

The question is if they can take 200kg. Namely, I have 50kg of steel sand left. I think they could take that 200 too, as of now there seems to be no problem.
Thanks!

How does the jerrycan training goes ?
They were delivered to my parents home and I haven't been able to get the to my place yet (was on a 2 week holiday on the Canary Islands :) ) Until now my KBs up to 48Kg are still enough weight for me, because I'm going for max. time with light to medium weights.

Btw another option I came across are wheelbarrows. Even the cheap basic ones can take up 250Kg. Of course because of the angle you're not carrying 100% of the weight, but even just loading up one of my friends (~90Kg) and pushing him up a slight incline is plenty of work.
Especially going uphill adds a nice component of pushing to the "carry", on top of the typical forearm and trap activation I could feel my front delts to a high degree.

The wheelbarrow idea is great! It's such a good movement. One can also push and pull it so it gives nice variety really easily.

I wonder what's the cheapest and most convenient way to load it, if one were to get something heavy for only the wheelbarrow. I know that one can throw about anything heavy on it, whether weights or kettlebells or anything, but it's not really feasible for me.

Yep. I can attest that man handling heavy wheelbarrows is a workout...
I really enjoy pushing heavy wheelbarrows, but even when I was a teenager I could load a normal one (did some grunt concrete helper work for a summer) so heavy that the handles would break and/or come loose from their mounting on the bucket. It would be pretty cool to buy a super heavy duty wheelbarrow and load that thing up to the limit and then push it around.

Jerrycans are great. Strong plastic 20L cans (no need to go for steel cans) can handle 100kg filled with steel punchings (5kg/L). Shop around and you can find steel punchings $0.20/lb - $0.40/lb. And choose cans with good handles that your hands fit comfortably around. I use the 20L cans for a two handed farmers walk, and I take one 10L can with me (single handed) when I walk the dog.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom