all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Jocko Willink Podcast

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marcus Aurelius

Level 5 Valued Member
So I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast and came across this gem. Fast forward to 02:09 and Jocko pretty much sums up Pavels cost of adaptation article. That's 2 hours and nine minutes in btw.

He has his own podcast too... search on youtube; jocko podcast. It is a goldmine of information, inspiration and so much more.

latest episode of Jocko’s podcast

I started listening to them at episode 1 and am a little more than 20 episodes in. I had to skip ahead to 115 after seeing the hullabaloo about it. I'm glad I did.
I do miss parts of the Army, and besides the educational aspect of the podcast, there's there something about it that helps fill that little corner of my soul. I wish it had been around 9 years ago, though...

His podcast is great! I'd reccomend his books also. His "Discipline Equals Freedom Field Manual" is a great primer on mental fitness paired with physical fitness. Some of the thoughts from the first half of that book were key pieces of my mindset throughout Ranger School recently. The workouts are not really my style, and not exactly what's taught here, but they are a good starting point. He does like kettlebells and mentions Pavel as a resource for further study.

I am new to his podcast, but it is so good.

#37 and 77 with Roger Hayden a Vietnam Seal were interesting to me.

#115 with Dakota Meyer was sad and exciting.

I like the Hal Moore podcasts also.

Last edited:
Jocko can be a little over the top, but when you strip away some of the sensationalism like the 100% all the time, crazy metcon workouts and the 430 am stuff, he talks some of the most sound leadership principles and mindset I've ever come across. Honestly, a must listen-to in my mind

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom