all posts post new thread

Kettlebell John Wick kettlebell training program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

H.Boney

Level 2 Valued Member
Recently re-watched the John Wick 4 trailer as I’m a massive fan of the movie series, and I noticed in the trailer during a training scene he had a bunch of kettlebells laying around. It got me thinking, what would John Wick’s strength & conditioning program be like so he could possess his superhuman like strength & endurance?

1FAD1BEB-2A1F-4F71-97DE-9DFA7B68F793.png

Probably started with S&S, then did ETK, then RoTK, went through barbell reload with alternating cycles of A&A snatches and Q&D snatches. Most recently was beta testing IC by Brett Jones. oh— has probably done a couple cycles of the Giant (possibly posting as john grahill).

Last edited:
Probably a long clean and jerk or a snatch program or some combo of the 2. Dude has phenomenal endurance and can be extremely explosive at times.

Well the character did come out of that Russian school. So I imagine some girevoy sport training. E.g. Long cycle every 20s with two 24kg bells. For maybe 20 minutes.

Recently re-watched the John Wick 4 trailer as I’m a massive fan of the movie series, and I noticed in the trailer during a training scene he had a bunch of kettlebells laying around. It got me thinking, what would John Wick’s strength & conditioning program be like so he could possess his superhuman like strength & endurance?

View attachment 19158
Three-a-days, LCCJ's-Gun Range-MMA, one day a week of Dynamic Get Ups, Pull-Ups, 12-20 mile jog. All auto-regulated.

Last edited:
Probably started with S&S, then did ETK, then RoTK, went through barbell reload with alternating cycles of A&A snatches and Q&D snatches. Most recently was beta testing IC by Brett Jones. oh— has probably done a couple cycles of the Giant (possibly posting as john grahill).
Probably had Sinister and BT in there somewhere as well.

Q+D style EMOM
Explosive banded hex bar deadlifts (lower reps)
Power push ups

Grindy
Weighted pull ups
Standing ab wheel

Every two weeks swap out for a glycolytic session of hill sprints.

Easy aerobics jogging or rowing maintained through out.

Actually this sounds like a pretty good program...

Last edited:
Q+D style
Explosive banded hex bar deadlifts
Power push ups

Grindy
Pull ups
Standing ab wheel

Every two weeks swap out a glycolytic session for hill sprints.

Easy aerobics jogging or rowing maintained through out.

Actually this sounds like a pretty good program...
His cardio is amazing though. i've only been in a boxing ring a couple times for fun and I'm just gassed by the 3rd round.

His cardio is amazing though. i've only been in a boxing ring a couple times for fun and I'm just gassed by the 3rd round.
Yeah, perhaps some SPP there for his boxing/MA training.

I expect the easy aerobic would greatly expand his base to recover from from intense bouts of exertion. The hill sprint work in addition to SSP could cover the bases.

I'm thinking of removing the weighted pullups. Those banded DLs might be enough for the pulling strength? Not as much lat engagement, but probably decent carryover. He doesn't have a ton of time to train given all the killing people and such that needs doing.

He need to optimize time:

He does LISS with some pretty regular gun firing at enemies and moving around dodging random bullets and stuff, even stabbing people with a pen is kind of below his lactate threshold.

By killing people in one on one fights with some cadence he trains a kind of A+A and can keep the pace for a couple of hours, eventually some of them will fall on him so he will GET UP their bodies, again opmitizing here is priority.

How did he get there? Clearly walking his dog during morning and doing achieving bw timed s&s, in top of some karate class he did once as a kid.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom