all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Jolts for S&S 2.0

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
"Once or twice a month, take on any physical challenge that will test your spirit without breaking your body."

This was already part of S&S 1.0 but it is more prominent in 2.0 as it is the equivalent of timed/glycolotic sessions before achieving Timeless Simple.

What are your ideas for jolts?

The description in S&S 2.0 reminded me of the challenges in "Becoming Bulletproof Project" by Tim Anderson, like 10 minutes (nonstop or accumulated) of moves like crawling, battlerope waves, jump rope skipping, or pushups and squats.

More KB specific would be a snatch test attempt or loaded carries for time or distance.

Or it could probably be something like a formalized fitness assessment.

What do you think? Has anyone actually used this systematically?

Has anyone actually used this systematically?
I haven’t, but I think I will!
  • Farmer walk my heaviest pair of bells for time
  • Skip the snow blower for shoveling once or twice a month
  • Help a friend move furniture
  • Snatch test
  • How fast and how many times can I run the kids up the snow hill in their sled

Whatever happened to continuous swings? Or, try a 500 swing workout ala 10k challenge.

On a side note, I'd recommend doing the 10k challenge at least once to gage your tolerance of suck. After doing 500 swings a workout 5 times a week, 100 swings & 10 get ups a day really isn't so bad.

I haven’t, but I think I will!
  • Farmer walk my heaviest pair of bells for time
  • Skip the snow blower for shoveling once or twice a month
  • Help a friend move furniture
  • Snatch test
  • How fast and how many times can I run the kids up the snow hill in their sled
These are all good, thanks!
I do hill sprints also as part of this, sometimes combined with swings (run up the hill, 10 swings at the top)

"Once or twice a month, take on any physical... challenges in "Becoming Bulletproof Project" by Tim Anderson, like 10 minutes (nonstop or accumulated) of moves like crawling, battlerope waves, jump rope skipping, or pushups and squats.

Oh I like that a lot!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom