all posts post new thread

Nutrition Josh Hillis quantity vs quality

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I read JH book last year and one of the key points he made was the quantity of food equals scale weight and quality of food equals body composition
I've been pretty ill with pneumonia the past month and haven't worked out in 6 weeks. As part of being I dropped over a stone. I've pretty much recovered and the Doc has given me a clean bill of health, although appetite hasn't fully come back. As a result the quantity of food I can eat isn't what it was so I've been eating pretty much anything with calories/carbs/sugars for energy
My weight has crept up a bit but is still over below where it was. I look a lot thinner but body comp is changing and not in a positive sense. No alcohol either for 6 weeks. Some lessons learned o we the past 6 weeks.
Looking forward to starting training in a few weeks.

Hope you feel well soon. I've had pneumonia before, so I know how bad you can feel and for how long. Something that helped me recover was some probiotics, both supplement and fermented food. Ordinarily a healthy WFPB diet maintains a healthy gut, but antibiotics wipe that out in a hurry. I felt improvement in a few days, and kept getting better for a few weeks. It took a while for training to get back in track, but not as long as I'd feared.

Heal fast and don't worry too much!
You will get to your old shape and beyond!
If you do not have a huge appetite just don't eat that much. Listen to your body. Once you start gettomg back on the training track your appetite will increase again. Just eat healthy foods most of the time and enjoy some fun stuff from time to time.

In terms of food quality dictates bidy composition, I'd say yes!
Try to get enough protein (0.8-1g/lbs of bw) and eat your veggies. That way you will be covered.

Great advice guys, thanks for that. Never been sick in my life so it's a humbling experience. Immune system took a hammering so ill look into the probiotics and work towards a daily walk and maybe some O.S in a while.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom