all posts post new thread

Just another log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Swings 2H 24kg 5x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 5x1
  • Another 2h skill swing day
  • Get ups were great - The rest periods feel very short, and that's with conservative resting. I believe it may soon be time to begin upping the weight, as i'm also satisfied with my technique.
  • Feeling stronger after the session
Later on:
Thoracic spine towel stretch
Massage ball

Swings 2H 24kg 4x10
Swings 1H 24kg 2x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 4x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 1x1

• Good swinging form today
  • did a MAN UP day with the 24kg and did my first get ups with it. To be honest I thought the difference would've blown my mind but it was easier than I thought. but beforehand, I didn't allow myself to consider the possibility of failing the exercise or thinking it was too heavy
Will see how I pull up tomorrow, it's a mobility day so I can take it easy and plan out the weight progression for the TGU

Yesterday: mobility
Good mornings 2x5
Lunge stretch 2x5

Tactical frog 15+15+15+10 reps

Arm bar 1x5
Pullover 1x5

Today: S+S
Swings 2H 24kg 4x10
Swings 1H 24kg 4x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 4x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 1x1

• Swings are feeling great, i'll see how I feel after doing 40 1H swings total for the day (and 40 2Hers). I'll stick with it until my body adapts then i'll expand more
  • Get ups were great, I like how the 24kg forces it to be a truly slow lift. I think one more session doing 2 reps with it will be good and then i'll look at doing 4 for the session with the 24kg
  • Feeling strong

Swings 2H 24kg 4x10
Swings 1H 24kg 4x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 4x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 1x1

• Same session as yesterday.
  • I need to replace the light in the small shed where I do swings. doing them in the dark is dodgy as
  • My get ups feel good but I will have a think and see if I decide to add a set tomorrow

Swings 2H 24kg 4x10
Swings 1H 24kg 4x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 4x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 1x1

A rushed session today, I had 40 minutes max
  • Didn't add a 24kg set in the getup, but very comfortably did all of them including the one 24kg set in 10 minutes. It is definitely time to progress the getups.
  • Swings are "not bad", I am getting a lot more power out of the 1H swings and i'll monitor morning freshness for when to progress further
  • I should add, I do the get ups in a different place to the swings so I clean the 24kg to the rack position, carry it like that for 25-30 seconds to a different spot and then set it down. I do the same thing with the other arm afterwards when taking it back outside.

Swings 2H 24kg 4x10
Swings 1H 24kg 4x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 3x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 2x1

• Swings were good, tomorrow i'll try 6x10 1H swings and 2x10 2H swings. Once adapted to that, 8x10 1H swings.
  • Did 2 sets of 24kg getups. I like the feeling of the heavier getup.
  • I have observed, as others have noted, that S+S really restores quality to your everyday movement in life. I'm feeling the best and strongest that I ever have been (and this is the strongest I ever have been).

Yesterday:
Good mornings 3x5
Lunge stretch 3x5

Tactical frog 15+15

Arm bar 2x5
Pullover 2x5
  • Quite happy with my KB pullovers
  • Went for a harder stretch with the good mornings (and benefitted more)
Today:
Swings 2H 24kg 2x10
Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 3x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 2x1
  • I just realised that the last S+S session log was incorrect, I have been doing 6 sets of 1H swings and 2 sets of 2H swings.
  • A repeat of the last S+S session. The swings felt very easy and i've been recovering really well, so it's time to do 8 sets of 1H swings and see how that goes.
  • Get up progression is going nicely, I may have 1 more session before doing 3 sets with the 24kg. But i'm not sure, it will have to be a feel thing
  • I've started doing some rolling neck bridges from Beyond Bodybuilding in the evening.

Rolling neck bridge (wall): 4 rotations, 2 sets

Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 3x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 2x1

• Not the greatest session, I had just come home from work and was mentally distracted and ended up miscounting my first set of swings and I think on the 11th rep, the bell flew out of my hand.... I didn't let that stop everything, but I definitely wasn't going to add a 24KG TGU set today.

Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1
  • I'm finding grip is a bit scary doing all these 1H swings. It seems doing the first set 1H is giving my forearms a bit of a shock. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest thankfully, but my plan is to stick with 8x10 1H swings until I have no doubts at all about grip. Maybe I could add 2 2H sets, but I won't yet.
  • Did 3 sets of 24kg get ups. Will see if I keep it at 3 sets or go back to 2 and wait a tiny bit longer

Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 3x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 2x1

• I realised it wasn't my forearm muscles necessarily complaining... It's my wrists. I noticed they were bending slightly backwards during get ups with the 24kg (the 16kg aligns perfectly with the handle, so I have never had to think about wrist alignment) and corrected that and got a little bit of relief. I'm going to take 2 days off S+S and let my wrists rest, and revise all of my wrist positions under load in order to ensure this doesn't progress or happen again.

Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1
  • So, I took those 2 days off and did S+S today. I paid careful attention to my wrist positioning in all exercies and it went well. I noticed that my wrist hurt after a 1 handed suitcase carry of the 24kg so i've banned myself from carrying in that method until the wrists fully recover and I spend time figuring out the proper wrist position for those.
  • Get ups went really well
  • I didn't have any real grip problems this time, but i'll keep the swings at 6 sets of 1H just to milk it and get more recovered before moving back up

Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1
  • Swings were good, i've noticed now my left forearm has still yet to catch up and I can feel a little bit of tension in it during swings. But a completely different to the bad wrist position kind, more at the upper end of the forearm
  • Get ups were good, i'll be sticking with 3 sets for a bit longer until I acclimatise to the work
  • I had a thought while doing the swings today, that the human body is "like a critic that everyone didn't know they wished they had". If you do something wrong while exercising, your body will protest and let you know you're doing the wrong thing as you're doing it. That's something (y)

Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1
  • Swing grip is feeling more solid, I think I should definitely do the wrist exercises from super joints every day to ensure that the wrist joints themselves are happy chappies
  • Get ups with the 24kg are feeling a tiny bit easier, which is a good sign that they will get easier enough to add another set in sooner or later
A thought.... I work with some very technical, analytical and intelligent people. But almost none of them commit to exercise nor do they get any results from occasional half efforts :confused:

Nothing of note today.
Consulted relax into stretch for some wrist and shin stretches, which I hadn't tried before
  • Wrist stretches, I've never had very mobile wrists so will have to try and work on this. I gave this a go to try and relieve some of my forearm spasms
  • Shin stretch, most of my walking is done briskly and either uphill or downhill, so my shins have tightened up on me. The RIS shin stretch was pretty punishing so I only did one set of them.
I did one set for each and then did one set of passive stretches, hopefully I will notice something positive tomorrow when going about my daily business

Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1
  • Decided to go back up to 8x10 swing sets.... why not? figuring out more about optimum grip (something I somehow forgot while transitioning from 2h to 1h?????). I'll see if it was a good idea or not tomorrow
  • Get ups effort is roughly where it should be.
  • Learned a bit more about the recovery stretches. my QL straddle is still extremely useless unfortunately.

Swings 1H 24kg 6x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 3x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 2x1

First training session for approximately a week. I went skiing and had a pretty bad stack so was a bit too sore to do getups. I patiently did absolutely nothing for the whole week, aside from my usual walking and super joints. Thankfully today's session went way better than expected - I honestly thought I would lose all my strength after just 1 week off, seeing as I am not that far numerically into simple.
  • Forearm soreness was non existent - the rest finished it off
  • Didn't want to push get ups, so did a comfortable 16-24-16-24-16. (LR)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom