all posts post new thread

Just another log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 2x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 3x1

• Back to the progress of the last training session before having a week off
  • A very strong getups session, I believe this is due to getting a good side stretch as per my last post. It seemed to really free up the brakes on my strength

Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1

• The 24kg getups were pretty easy to recover from while doing them, so my mind told me (arnie voice) "do it! DO IT! COME ON!", and I added another 24kg set
  • The 24kg swings are getting quite easy... I still rest by heartrate (which means I spend up to 20 minutes doing them) but I don't really feel much exertion anymore. I plan on getting to 10 sets of swings on my next session or the session after and then after doing that for a little while, afterwards testing to see if I can do them by the clock (5 minutes)

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1
  • First session of 10x10 1H swings with the 24kg :D I did it! it's taken roughly 2 months according to the log, sure I could've progressed quicker, but there was no need in the end
  • I've recently learned how to goblet squat better, and am getting so much more out of them now

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1
  • Getting warmer here, that plus a big day at work meant this session was a bit harder. But the job was done nonetheless.
  • I really ought to film myself at some stage to review my technique

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1
  • Was doing more reading yesterday and found that the heart rate method of training isn't recommended for reaching Simple. Does this annoy me? no.... i've progressed to 10x10 1H swings in that time. I did my swings by the talk test today, and will keep doing that now (y)

Mobility:
Good mornings: 3x5
Lunge stretch 3x5

Tactical frog 15+20+15+10 reps

Arm bar 2x5
Pullover 2x5

• I neglected mobility exercises and it has caused my lower knots to tighten up again... as so eloquently pointed out by my crappy movements from the lumbar spine to the hamstring. Upper body wasn't too bad at all, though

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 5x1
  • Felt that an unloading day for the getup was in order. I did them slowly
  • Timed my swings, they were all done in approximately 13 minutes and 49 seconds (the total of the swinging portion, that is)

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1
  • Thought I had good goblet squats, found 2 more intricate points and now they are even better
  • A standard session overall

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 1x1
Get ups L+R 24kg 4x1
  • My right arm in the getups is now my strong arm and the left is the stronger. Need to switch which arm I do the first rep on

Yesterday: Mobility
Today:
Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1
  • All 24kg getups! hooray
  • There is always room to perfect technique. Would I have progressed faster if I went to an SFG? yes. But I have still figured it all out, and hope to reach the simple goal

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1
  • Inspired by SuperGirevik, I did my swings EMOM. It was definitely a doable, and really got me to use better technique with maximising tension. To keep the reps coming in the last 3-4 sets, I found myself instinctively taking sharper breaths of air and getting louder when straightening up.
  • I ought to order my 32kg bell before the busy christmas period

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1
  • Decided to forego breakfast (except I drank a cup of tea - no sugar, of course) and see what fasting felt like. The swings felt a bit weird at first but the training session was good. Unfortunately I only have the opportunity to train before lunch on the weekend, so I won't incorporate it into my lifestyle
  • Need to improve swing technique consistency

Swings 1H 24kg 2x10
Swings 1H 24kg 8x10
Get ups L+R 16kg 5x1
  • Really crappy day for energy. I did the first set of goblet squats and knew i'd have to do a light day. On the plus side, doing some 2H swings again has helped me relearn some swing power cues

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1

• Plan from here: Improve 1H swing technique, practice for a bit longer, then look to meet the 5 minute goal.

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1
  • Watched a few 1H swing technique videos. I was rotating way too much while doing my swings. Another good tip - Load the lats with 2 hands before removing one hand and beginning the swings. Hopefully with this, my swings are better
  • Focussed on shoulder packing during the getups.

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1

• I've just been doing this, really. I ordered a 32kg bell the other day

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1

• I have been doing the same thing on the training days this week
  • The 32kg hasn't arrived yet, unfortunately. My current sessions with all the 24kg are nice and easy. It looks like for the 16kg and 24kg get ups, 2 months seems to be around the point where they become really easy to do.
  • For the swing, I was watching this video, and found the "unlock the hips" part to be a good cue: . My swings today were much crisper while thinking about what was taught in that video
  • On the topic of that coach, i've recently read Starting Strength and I might like to give it a try sometime. The explanations of the mechanics and lifts are great, and i've already started practicing press form with an empty olympic bar

Yesterday:

Swings 1H 24kg 10x10
Get ups L+R 24kg 5x1

Today:
Found my starting point for the press as per starting strength. 30KG for 5 reps.. I didn't have access to 27.5kg worth of plates, but I believe that's probably a better starting point, to be conservative (when I begin SS)
Edit: I did 3 sets of 5 reps with the 30kg.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom