all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Just finished running Total Tension Complex, Kettlebell Muscle, and Kettlebell Strong. What next?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Honestly Mark, I see them as more conditioning/fat loss based vs. strength programs. For me, if I'm not pressing heavy, I lose it.

My bell levels for all MKM is double 45 lb.

If strength is the focus, do these as a chain
The Up and Over
You Don't Know Squat 2.0 the reps are lower so you can go heavier
Herky Jerky or Jerk Work

The only one I can't do is the A & P. I've tried it, grip completely gives out after 2 rounds of ballistics. 30 seconds of double snatch after 30 seconds of high pull is a recipe for a dropped bell.

Last edited:
Honestly Mark, I see them as more conditioning/fat loss based vs. strength programs. For me, if I'm not pressing heavy, I lose it.

My bell levels for all MKM is double 45 lb.

If strength is the focus, do these as a chain
The Up and Over
You Don't Know Squat 2.0 the reps are lower so you can go heavier
Herky Jerky or Jerk Work

The only one I can't do is the A & P. I've tried it, grip completely gives out after 2 rounds of ballistics. 30 seconds of double snatch after 30 seconds of high pull is a recipe for a dropped bell.

whilst on topic, The wife began the original kbm yesterday.. If she starts melting those pounds, I fear she may ask me to buy her a new wardrobe

I ran it 2 or 3 years ago. Heavy day is a grip killer. I'm not a huge fan of double high pulls. I see their benefit, but am worried about losing control of the bells.

All the MKM programs are good.

I just finished 701a and will do 701b this summer. I amdebating kettlebell muscle vs picking a program from mkm in between. My main concern at the moment is leg strength and melting fat, I am also getting shoulder and biceps larger than I care for. I assume the wolf might be the ticket for me, but I saw universe was swing focused so maybe that is good as well.

Looking to stick to double kettlebells because it’s the least boring workout for me, which program would you suggest?

If melting fat is the ticket, start with the Basic and then move to the Long Haul.

You don't know Squat 2.0 is better than the Wolf in my opinion for legs

If melting fat is the ticket, start with the Basic and then move to the Long Haul.

I see you typically use the same 20kgs as me with MKM, what weights do you use for you don’t know squat 2.0 ?

I remember managing a set of 24s for both ydks2.0 and wolf.. the former definitely winded me a lot more than the latter

I just finished 701a and will do 701b this summer. I amdebating kettlebell muscle vs picking a program from mkm in between. My main concern at the moment is leg strength and melting fat, I am also getting shoulder and biceps larger than I care for. I assume the wolf might be the ticket for me, but I saw universe was swing focused so maybe that is good as well.

Looking to stick to double kettlebells because it’s the least boring workout for me, which program would you suggest?

another option atos series done with double bells

Mkm workouts seriously puzzle me. I just ran day 1 of the basic, and 20kgs were too much, had to drop down to 16 kgs for the last 2 sets and it still seriously taxed my grip.

Meanwhile i can run total tension and dfw with 32kgs just fine.

Same here, I’ve run DFW with 32kg and recently have been running complexes 4 * 5 with 2 24kg taken from KB Muscle as part of prep for SFG. Seriously taxing...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom