all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Just finished running Total Tension Complex, Kettlebell Muscle, and Kettlebell Strong. What next?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Vinay Chary

Level 1 Valued Member
Over the last 6 months, I started with Total Tension Complex, then did Kettlebell Muscle, and am now in the final week of Kettlebell Strong. I am looking for advice on what to do next. I was thinking another hypertrophy program, as my main goal is muscle gain. I was thinking of something from More Kettlebell Muscle, possibly The Wolf, but wanted to see what others thought. Thanks in advance for your help!

No real recommendations for you, but I'd be really interested in your thoughts on each of those programs since I started KB Strong a few weeks ago and TTC and KB Muscle are on my list to do eventually.

Which delivered the most strength gains or increases in muscle mass (recognizing that some of those programs you would have run longer than others)? Did you do both phase 1 and 2 of KB Strong, and if so was it the 'short course' or 'long and steady'?

Just throwing this out there - in the most recent version of Hector Gutierrez's free KB Workout Snacks (available on his website) he has a clean and jerk program. He says when he was doing just C&Js he got as jacked as he's ever been. Might just be marketing hype but might be something to think about.

Last edited:
You could try one of the programs by Pat Flynn. Or mass building / armour building by Dan John (not sure about the name of the program).

apart from the wolf, total tension complex is another option. If your push press and/or jerk technique is decent, Geoff Neupert's RMF is another option

No real recommendations for you, but I'd be really interested in your thoughts on each of those programs since I started KB Strong a few weeks ago and TTC and KB Muscle are on my list to do eventually.

Which delivered the most strength gains or increases in muscle mass (recognizing that some of those programs you would have run longer than others)? Did you do both phase 1 and 2 of KB Strong, and if so was it the 'short course' or 'long and steady'?

Just throwing this out there - in the most recent version of Hector Gutierrez's free KB Workout Snacks (available on his website) he has a clean and jerk program. He says when he was doing just C&Js he got as jacked as he's ever been. Might just be marketing hype but might be something to think about.

Total Tension Complex and Kettlebell Muscle gave me the biggest increase in muscle mass, and Strong gave me incredible strength gains. I did phase 1 of strong, and actually ended up doing 10 sets of 4 with 32ks (3 felt too easy ;) I highly recommend all 3 programs.

I've been meaning to check out Hector Gutierrez's stuff. Double KB Manifesto is on the list for sure.

apart from the wolf, total tension complex is another option. If your push press and/or jerk technique is decent, Geoff Neupert's RMF is another option
Hey, Mark. I've already done the Total Tension Complex. Have you done The Wolf before? I thought that would be a good option since Strong doesn't focus on squats, so wanted to do something leg intensive. Do you think I should do the Wolf instead of RMF (which I also own)? Thanks for your help!

Hey, Mark. I've already done the Total Tension Complex. Have you done The Wolf before? I thought that would be a good option since Strong doesn't focus on squats, so wanted to do something leg intensive. Do you think I should do the Wolf instead of RMF (which I also own)? Thanks for your help!

My goal is hypertrophy, as I’d like to put on some muscle. After KB Strong, I’m looking forward to higher reps. What are your thoughts on doing “You Don’t Know Squat” from MKM, and on the off days doing “upper back attack” or “shoulder smoker” as a chain?

I’m also open to other programs. I’ve heard great things about 701A from DKBM. You’ve given me great advice before, so I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!

This is another Strong First hypertrophy plan, this time by Craig Marker:
HIRT for Hypertrophy

Craig Marker said:
I would not recommend this program for the long-term, as the general HIRT protocol is probably best (and it will maintain the gains from this program). Too much of a good thing may limit its benefits. However, this hypertrophy program can be used twice a year to build a beach body or whatever body composition goal you are after.

I definitely think you'll enjoy Hector's Double Kettlebell Manifesto (DKBM) & 701a. I started with his Genesis program after bouncing around a couple of other things since doing KBM last year. I was using 20's & 24's & ended up doing 6 sets of a powerlifting routine (set 6 had a poor form snatch, but there was fuel left in the tank that morning!).

I'm actually back to doing the KBM this week, and will likely do 701b afterwards (maybe a short stint on Genesis after KBM). I was planning on doing KBM early September 2018 with my new pair of 20kgs, but found DKBM instead. Returning to KBM with heavier weights will definitely be a challenge.

I definitely think you'll enjoy Hector's Double Kettlebell Manifesto (DKBM) & 701a. I started with his Genesis program after bouncing around a couple of other things since doing KBM last year. I was using 20's & 24's & ended up doing 6 sets of a powerlifting routine (set 6 had a poor form snatch, but there was fuel left in the tank that morning!).

I'm actually back to doing the KBM this week, and will likely do 701b afterwards (maybe a short stint on Genesis after KBM). I was planning on doing KBM early September 2018 with my new pair of 20kgs, but found DKBM instead. Returning to KBM with heavier weights will definitely be a challenge.

Week 6 and week 12 are awful.

Also, if you get stuck, do the double snatch outside the legs.

Anyone run the universe from MKM ?

I ran it 2 or 3 years ago. Heavy day is a grip killer. I'm not a huge fan of double high pulls. I see their benefit, but am worried about losing control of the bells.

All the MKM programs are good.

I ran it 2 or 3 years ago. Heavy day is a grip killer. I'm not a huge fan of double high pulls. I see their benefit, but am worried about losing control of the bells.

All the MKM programs are good.

curiously, which ones are your top 3 for strength? body composition

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom