all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Just for fun....post your "courage corner"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Nice! Is that a home made pull up bar? I've been looking to get a freestanding one like that, but everything I see online has bits and pieces dangling off it.

Hello Augustus,

This is the link to the pull up stand : Elite XL Freestanding Pullup Bar

I personally love it. It's able to be adjusted down, so you can do australian pull-ups. It's extremely lightweight as well. They also offer an option to get a seperate bar that has neutral grip handles and can double as a dip station.

I don't think the bar would be good for anything kipping or anything explosive like muscle ups. I have seen people weigh the base down though and be able to do muscle ups but I wouldn't recommend it.

Let me know if you want more pics or if you have any other questions.

@Sauli, I can't really argue with you. We put an addition on our house almost 20 years ago, and I asked for a basement with 9 foot ceilings to the bottom of the rafters. It's a great space.

-S-

kb-on-the-beach-2.jpg

Not really. :(

Store the bar vertically. Lean the plates up against the wall.

-S-

The only option I guess and sufficient. Always thought I needed rack or squat stand as well. Just read a couple days ago that PTTP, and of course DDD, does not require one at all ... The 2x2m of space would also be fine if I place the bar diagonal? Would that be okay, @Steve Freides?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom