all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Just for fun....post your "courage corner"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Here's my home gym. 53 lb rogue KB of course. Forearm roller. 35 lb and 75 lb homemade KB's. Used a plastic flower pot, black pipe, and cement from home depot in 2005 after seeing ETK (and KBs were waaay more expensive lol). The 75 is the dirty one, it has half a 70lb dumbell inside of it. I'm kinda proud of those lol. Let's see what everyone has at home!FB_IMG_1589407710787.jpg

Chris’s Corner (not pictured: wife who lets me use the dining room to train ❤)

I see that this thread I started in 2017 is still alive!!!

You have an awesome wife....not many would let their hubby mar up their dining room wall but that is what wall patch/mudding and paint is for later on. My husband (and kids) are tall, and (so far) he has had no problem with me lowering the bathroom pullup bar to make getting in a proper position a bit more accessible when I was doing negative reps (now that he has established the habit of ducking a few centimeters, it juuussst clears the kids heads), and even put the bar lower for me himself.

you could get a lot of grease the groove pullups in there....everytime you see the bar, walk into the dining room, etc. :)

I see that this thread I started in 2017 is still alive!!!

Given the circumstances a lot of us are currently facing, I think the 'courage corner' has taken on a new significance and importance.

It does me good to see that people are able to create or find a space they can use to stay strong, whether it's fully-equipped garage gym or just a small area of the floor they can lay claim to for a while to do some swings and get-ups.

This is what it looks like when training with my sandbags. The cat always comes around, pretty sure she owns the 55lb...
YvkXQrS.jpg

jERrLvZm.jpg

Barbells are tucked away as I'm not using them right now. Pull up bar is off to the left up in the rafters. Thai bag behind me. Of course outside is a slew of sledgehammers and tires.

Attachments

• 20201005_101424.jpg
    20201005_101424.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 111
Given the circumstances a lot of us are currently facing, I think the 'courage corner' has taken on a new significance and importance.

It does me good to see that people are able to create or find a space they can use to stay strong, whether it's fully-equipped garage gym or just a small area of the floor they can lay claim to for a while to do some swings and get-ups.
Couldn't agree more.

MutEcke.jpeg

Son's room - live in Tokyo so no spare room!

One of the few reasons to be cheerful this year is that we've had more time to spend together and he's getting into weight-training.

Started him off with kb deadlifts, goblets and push-ups. He also does GTG pull-ups from gymnastic rings hanging in the stairway. Swings and get-ups next...

Last edited:
Always great to see if anyone’s courage corners have changed over the years mine is completely minimalist these days 2x24kg bells and a 70kg dead ball. Overhead press / front squats and shouldering. All I need for now lol I think heavy shouldering can rival double clean and press as only exercise you need, anyone else agree?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 50
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom