all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Just for fun....post your "courage corner"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
70kg dead ball and 2 baby inch dumbbells one 31kg the other 20kg can’t rack kettlebells at minute due to a twinge in forearm going to heavy on cleans, no pain with the dumbbells so needs must and all, definitely a different feel snatching and c+p feels more powerful than kettlebell’s although lacking the benefits of the hinge provided by the kettlebells

Attachments

• 894E1374-274C-43C4-9441-87747768DC3B.jpeg
    894E1374-274C-43C4-9441-87747768DC3B.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 54
Here is mine, below my standing desk on top of an off cut of carpet.

Consists of 2x16kg, 2x24kg Kettlebells.
Ab wheel.
Towel for curls/tri ext (loop around a KB).
Minimalist running trainers.

The only other thing I use is my pull up bar in the garage.

As far as music or workout soundtrack. It’s either podcasts or sometimes work meetings that I know I should listen to but won’t need to participate (all staff calls etc).

14919004-996E-4FBE-83BE-1D1D37F10BD3.jpeg

Tis a great thread! It got @Bret S. to post over here, so easy top ten right away!
Mine’s pretty simple, I have an enclosed back porch that i put some mats down on. I also have kids and often train outside or at work (local school). I live super close and will just farmers carry whatever i need for a few blocks. I have iron bells (16k, 20, 24, 32, and 40k), a cheap plastic 20 pounder, and an adjustable kb i dug out of the garbage that I actually kind of like. Also have a med ball, jump rope, etc. The DBs are actually my wife’s and she has like 8#, 10, 12, 15, and 20#. Pull up bar with bands (the kids play on em like a make shift trampoline/circus performance). Fun little spot that i quite enjoy! Bike’s look nice as a backdrop too.
Edit: forgot about my ankle weights that i often use as stepping/peaking tools to attach to the horns of bells and fill in those missing gaps i have.
EACCC86B-4296-45F2-B671-1459BD905B65.jpeg
4D59D163-1501-4794-946F-BAEA1243A17A.jpeg

Hello Adachi, how do you like the water rower? And what brand is it if I may?
I like the water rower.
I believe the brand-name is "water rower"

There is a distinction between the water rower (on which I practice) and the concept 2 air rower (on which I test).

The water rower requires overcoming inertia which is most intense at the beginning of the pull.
Momentum feels helpful compared to the concept 2.

The concept rower is rather evenly difficult . And the harder you pull the more resistance I feel against the pull.

That said training to 5000m in 25 minutes on the water rower yielded a test of 5000m in 24 minutes on the concept 2 rower.

That said, I'm no fan or expert or enthusiast for rowing. I got it for pennies on craigslist, it's missing a couple screws, and allows me to conduct some cardio at home while the kids are occupied.

Last edited:
View attachment 15685
I won’t show the rest of my garage, it’s full of junk
I forgot, I also have an oly bar. First lockdown I ordered a standard bar, but they accidentally sent me a 7’ Olympic bar, complete with bearings and rated to 600kg . I thought about a squat rack, but they take up more room than I have. I do plan on using it, just not until I do timeless simple. Might do some hang cleans and pressing and squatting. Makes it interesting without a squat rack. But for now it just sits in the corner

I forgot, I also have an oly bar. First lockdown I ordered a standard bar, but they accidentally sent me a 7’ Olympic bar, complete with bearings and rated to 600kg . I thought about a squat rack, but they take up more room than I have. I do plan on using it, just not until I do timeless simple. Might do some hang cleans and pressing and squatting. Makes it interesting without a squat rack. But for now it just sits in the corner

While I love my rack and use it almost daily, it's a luxury and not a necessity unless you are training the powerlifts. PTTP and the Barbell 101 and 201 classes can be done without a rack, so something to look into. I enjoy kettlebells and they definitely have some advantages like being easy to transport, but after adding a barbell to my life 6 months ago I don't want to go back to not using one.

I like the water rower.
I believe the brand-name is "water rower"

There is a distinction between the water rower (on which I practice) and the concept 2 air rower (on which I test).

The water rower requires overcoming inertia which is most intense at the beginning of the pull.
Momentum feels helpful compared to the concept 2.

The concept rower is rather evenly difficult . And the harder you pull the more resistance I feel against the pull.

That said training to 5000m in 25 minutes on the water rower yielded a test of 5000m in 24 minutes on the concept 2 rower.

That said, I'm no fan or expert or enthusiast for rowing. I got it for pennies on craigslist, it's missing a couple screws, and allows me to conduct some cardio at home while the kids are occupied.
Thanks for the feedback, I have a Stamina chain pull air rower I use for many things, it's durable and fine for now. A friend of mine said the same on the water rower, he didn't like it much.. he was a paddler/rower in Hawaii.

One day I'll get a C2, it's the gold standard for air rowing I believe.

One day I'll get a C2, it's the gold standard for air rowing I believe.
I can't speak ill of the water rower. It absolutely provides resistance and I kind of like the wooshing noise the water makes. But those who are into rowing tell me two things. The water rowers are more generous on the distance measurement , and the concept 2 may be more effective for training purposes because of the nature of the resistance.

I do not take rowing so seriously.

Last edited:
I can't speak ill of the water rower. It absolutely provides resistance and I kind of like the wooshing noise the waster makes. But those who are into rowing tell me two things. The water rowers are more generous on the distance measurement , and the concept 2 may be more effective for training purposes because of the nature of the resistance.

To be honest I'm still on the fence about a water unit, I like the fact it's moving water when supplying resistance, and I like the sound of water moving too (don't like leaks etc.).

I like to get on and off the rower while doing a 10k or so, rowing for 10 mins warmup, then mace.. or pushups.. pullups.. burpees on the 5 min mark. It serves as a great recovery method. Row, ruck (I don't ruck enough), run, walking. All the aerobic modes compliment each other very well. Picked up an 80's vintage Nishiki 12 speed road bike but have not figured out how to plug it into the training rotation yet, could be just for recreation.

I'm a complete amateur in rowing, it's a great training asset for me now and I've gotten my money's worth several times over already.

Covid gym closures made me realize I hate public gyms. Other than looking at things I shouldn’t be looking at as a married man lol. So I built a pull up bar and re-did my office (put new floors) to make my little gym. I love waking up at 3:40 am rolling out of bed, grabbing some green tea, and getting right to it. Plus there’s something about being alone with my kettle bells before my whole family wakes up that I love. I also built a pull up bar in my side yard I love that thing too. Some kettlebells, a few maces, a pull up bar, some dumbbell’s , a trx, and a air bike all I need lol

Sometimes I listen to the Joe Rogan Experience in the early hours….sometimes quiet…sometimes old hip hop or country.

Attachments

• AE531A5C-0872-4ABE-9F4E-157B658B0950.jpeg
    AE531A5C-0872-4ABE-9F4E-157B658B0950.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 63396223-3EDF-4D66-935E-FEC094F1BFC3.jpeg
    63396223-3EDF-4D66-935E-FEC094F1BFC3.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 64
  • B4A5F958-E58D-4745-89F3-DB48232862DC.png
    B4A5F958-E58D-4745-89F3-DB48232862DC.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I can't speak ill of the water rower. It absolutely provides resistance and I kind of like the wooshing noise the water makes. But those who are into rowing tell me two things. The water rowers are more generous on the distance measurement , and the concept 2 may be more effective for training purposes because of the nature of the resistance.

I used to find it odd being on the rower at my gym, because I could see the lake from the window. I’d struggle to not wonder how much more fun I’d have out on the actual lake! Plus, rowers are killer haha

1640954182938.jpegThis has been my courage corner for a few years now all year round. It can get a bit wet sometimes if the wind is in the wrong direction and it’s bloody cold in the winter but it just doesn’t feel right training indoors any more. The only thing I lack is a barbell but I think one would get a bit rusty out here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom